Why become a member? ×

Excellent service: Newtone Strings

Sambrook

The topic title says it all, really.
I wanted a single high "F" for my Conklin GT7.
Asked advice here on where to find one- emailed Newtone Wed morning ( on your recommendation), and Friday morning it's delivered! Several emails, manufactured, posted, all in 72hrs.
That's what I call service

Presume it's still Malcolm Newton who is running it. Used to use their guitar strings on all my guitars. I recall that I had ordered a few sets many moons ago and they were taking a few days longer to arrive than usual - though not enough for me really to have noticed. I got a phone all from Malcolm to apologies that he was a week or so behind on order but he would have them in the post tomorrow... Because he'd been in hospital after having a minor heart attack. And of course if I wanted to cancel the order he would totally understand. He was really worried that the weight would be an inconvenience and imposition on me. Of course I told him to not to be a daft h'a'porth, that there are things more important than whether I had to wait a few days for a set of strings.

Lovely bloke, top strings too. Sorted me out with odd orders like, custom weights, 8 string Celtic bouzouki sets and stuff...

• 4 weeks later...