Why become a member? ×

Sold
£900

Pinball

[size=3][font=Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif][color=#333333]Amazing top of the range bass but a bit of a luxury item for me. I may trade for a G&L 5 stringer (USA or Tribute) with some money my way. I'm also interested in 5 string P style basses-nothing too heavy. [/color][/font][/size][color=#333333][font=Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif][size=3]The reason for sale is that I got it in a trade and I don't need it. It is a pleasure to own and play though. Any trial welcome (Bristol).[/size][/font][/color]

[size=3][font=Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif][color=#333333]This [/color][/font][font=Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif][color=#333333]Bongo 5 HH was made in 2004 and is graphite pearl. I don't know much about its history but it is has a few knocks to headstock and back of the neck. They aren't something that is apparent to the audience and they haven't bothered me. There is one ding on the top edge of the neck that is visible to the player. The body is in great shape and the controls work well and are silky smooth[/color][/font][/size]

[size=3][font=Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif][color=#333333]The outstanding feature for me, other than its sharp/individual looks and playability is its superb pre-amp and control system. The HH system gives a wide range of usable sounds that cut through like a knife. The intuitive mids controls and pickup balance are a winner IMHO.[/color][/font][/size]

[size=3][color=#333333][font=Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif]I will post at cost. [/font][/color][/size]

[attachment=217671:B5.jpg]

[attachment=217586:B10.jpg]

[attachment=217587:B9.jpg]

[attachment=217588:B7.jpg]

[attachment=217590:B3.jpg]

[attachment=217589:B4.jpg]

[attachment=217591:B11.jpg]

[attachment=217592:B12.jpg]

[attachment=217593:B15.jpg]

[attachment=217594:B1.jpg]

[color=#333333][font=Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif][size=3]Here are details of the current Bongo's from the MM site.[/size][/font][/color]
Bongo 5 Model Bongo 5 Size 12-3/4" wide, 1-5/8" thick, 47-5/8" long (32.4 cm wide, 4.1 cm thick, 121.0 cm long) Weight 9 lbs, 4 oz (4.20 kg) - varies slightly Body Wood Basswood Body Finish High gloss polyester Bridge Standard - Music Man® chrome plated, hardened steel bridge plate with stainless steel saddles Scale Length 34" (86.4 cm) Neck Radius 11" (27.9 cm) Headstock Size Only 9-3/4" (24.8 cm) long Frets 24 - High profile, wide Neck Width 1-3/4" (44.5 mm) at nut 2-13/16" (71.4 mm) at last fret Neck Wood Select maple neck Fingerboard Fretted - Rosewood; Fretless - Pau Ferro with or without inlaid fretlines Fret Markers Custom Half-Moons Neck Finish Opaque satin Neck Colors Color matches body Tuning Machines Custom Music Man, lightweight with tapered string posts and ergonomic design Truss Rod Adjustable - no component or string removal Neck Attachment 5 bolts - perfect alignment with no shifting; Sculpted neck joint allows smooth access to higher frets Electronic Shielding Graphite acrylic resin coated body cavity and aluminum control cover Controls Single Pickup, 3-band active preamp; vol, treble, mid, bass; Dual Pickup, 4-band active preamp; vol, bridge/neck pickup balance, treble, high-mid, low-mid, bass, 4-band active preamp; vol, bridge/neck pickup balance, magnetic Pickups Standard - Single Humbucking with Neodymium magnets; Optional - Dual Humbucking with Neodymium magnets; Optional - Humbucking/Single coil with Neodymium magnets Left Handed No Strings 46w-65w-80w-100w-130w (Regular Slinky Bass #2836)

Video here: [url="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wycOWsBFYII"]https://www.youtube....h?v=wycOWsBFYII[/url]

Edited by Pinball

[quote name='lucatus' timestamp='1462180144' post='3040775']
Awesome price, these basses are great! I'd go for it if I could! GLWTS
[/quote]
You're not wrong!
If it doesn't sell at this price I'll stop pushing it and hang on to it for a bit.

[quote name='Pinball' timestamp='1462194004' post='3040936']

You're not wrong!
If it doesn't sell at this price I'll stop pushing it and hang on to it for a bit.
[/quote]
Do it, man. I still regret letting go of mine!