Why become a member? ×

What makes you decide to sell a bass?

Defo

[quote name='4stringslow' timestamp='1461408699' post='3034380']
I've never sold one. I only have two basses (a Fender P and a Fender J) but I happily play them both and don't feel the urge to buy any more. This approach must have saved me loads of money over the past 30 years or so :)
[/quote]

Are you sure you're in the right forum? This is a GAS forum for GAS-afflicted people!

For me it`s either of the following two reasons:

Lack of use - usually when I`ve bought yet another Jazz, as only use Precisions in my band.

When I`ve bought another bass, so offloading to pay for the new one. I always know which one will be sacrificed in advance though.

Lack of use, and particularly if it's not doing anything unique.

Lack of use is often because I don't get on with it, so sometimes this actually means I don't like the sound or the neck or the ergonomics. Not always true though - the last one I sold was an SR500 which was lovely.

As soon as something new arrives the old one must go. There's no thought into maybe using it in the future, it just hast to be sold and fast.

Ironically I now have the most basses I've had in years (4)
[list]
[*]EBMM Sterling - main bass
[*]Cort GB94 - rehearsals, spare and spit & sawdust venues
[*]Fender Acoustic - driven to it by the number of venues with unrealistic sound limiters (one gig in July has 85dB limit :o :angry: :crazy: )
[*]Swift fretless - practice in the house and to remind myself why I don't need a fretless for gigging
[/list]