Why become a member? ×

Good inexpensive gigbag/case for lefty Sire V7 5er?

ProfFrink

Hi!

Got this earlier this week. (Will probably do an NBD later once I sit to get it set up, but overall - no - saying that it is "almost at a boutique-bass level" is a very (very) long stretch, but once you get past some of the superficialities - yes, I'm very happy with it, both as my first-ever 5-er and as a Jazz.)

Now I'm having a hard time finding a gigbag/case for it.

I ordered one of the cheaper Thomann hardcases, but it's too small (will probably house my Ibanez GSR200L - fits almost perfect).

My Ibanez gig-bag (where the GSR used to sit) is almost a good fit, but the opposing tuning handle is just a bit too protruding.

So it's sitting in my Fender "Traditional" Gigbag which (with all due respect to the glorious Fender tradition) is an insult for almost any bass.

Any ideas what to get? I'm afraid that being both lefty and having this opposing tuner is going to make this search a bit problematic...

Thanks!

Edited by ProfFrink

Not sure mate but I have a similar issue with a five string that has a huge headstock. Some hard cases will be ok, but for gig bags I'd maybe try one for a thubderbird or other larger bass? What do right handed sire 5 string users carry then round in?

• 4 months later...

[quote name='ProfFrink' timestamp='1461419781' post='3034489']
Hi!

Got this earlier this week. (Will probably do an NBD later once I sit to get it set up, but overall - no - saying that it is "almost at a boutique-bass level" is a very (very) long stretch, but once you get past some of the superficialities - yes, I'm very happy with it, both as my first-ever 5-er and as a Jazz.)

Now I'm having a hard time finding a gigbag/case for it.

I ordered one of the cheaper Thomann hardcases, but it's too small (will probably house my Ibanez GSR200L - fits almost perfect).

My Ibanez gig-bag (where the GSR used to sit) is almost a good fit, but the opposing tuning handle is just a bit too protruding.

So it's sitting in my Fender "Traditional" Gigbag which (with all due respect to the glorious Fender tradition) is an insult for almost any bass.

Any ideas what to get? I'm afraid that being both lefty and having this opposing tuner is going to make this search a bit problematic...

Thanks!
[/quote] Check out the line and availability of Ritter gig bags. I have one and it is very large...I'm sure the company isn't anything to do with Jens Ritter the bass luthier...Best of luck. Denigar

• 3 weeks later...

I've got several 5-strings, and they fit into my Ritter bag ok.

However, I also have a "Roksak" gig bag which is much bigger, tons of room especially around the headstock. I actually prefer it to the Ritter in terms of protection.

It looks like this: http://www.hollywood-music.co.uk/rok-sak-standard-bass-guitar-gig-bag/

I have no affiliation with Roksak or Hollywood Music.

Edited by bigjimmyc

• 8 months later...

[quote name='pineweasel' timestamp='1496920103' post='3314669']
I don't think the Sires from Thomann come with a bag
[/quote]

They didn't, as far as I am aware.

I carry my right handed V7 5 string in a £30 Thomann E-bass Gigbag Premium (I had the bag before I got the bass so just tried it) and it fits fine.