Why become a member? ×

Your Favorite Prince record. ?

bubinga5

Im aware that he had musical/money/privacy issues . With out wanting to be disrespectful there are a huge amount of Prince records now available on You Tube. which is great for me, because i will still buy his albums irrespective of what i listen to on YT. i think sometimes he underestimated his audience in that way. but i guess he had evidence to prove me otherwise.

These are my favourites. The greatest record that had no bass on it. Its just epic, the harmonies, the arrangement. off the wall good. Hi falsetto vocals!!! and his range that he was capable of, His dancing with that woman is just so incredibly good. [media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MfxhRy-iFqs[/media]

There is not a lot i can say about this. apart from its just incredible.. His music moves me and makes me tap my foot more than most. [media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AoRciHHeFh4[/media]

whats yours

Edited by bubinga5

[quote name='DarkHeart' timestamp='1461448051' post='3034788']
Nope not got one, not a fan and cant remember a similar thread for others that have sadly passed away, so why him?
[/quote]Becuase Terry Wogan wasn't a musician so i thought i would choose this bloke.

I do not want to this thread to be a negative one. its great to have opinions , positive or negative about this guy. but i would perfer it, if was more on the positive side. just thought i would nip it in the bud. :)

Edited by bubinga5

[quote name='DarkHeart' timestamp='1461448051' post='3034788']
Nope not got one, not a fan and cant remember a similar thread for others that have sadly passed away, so why him?
[/quote]

Nothing stopping you from starting a thread for somebody yourself if you feel that strongly about it, is there?

[quote name='discreet' timestamp='1461448149' post='3034789']
[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A5JD-1D0gRs[/media]
[/quote]The Sign of the Times. Its a beautiful record, the lyrics are fabulously put together with his sparse guitar playing. i learned from his records its ok to leave space in a record, anticipation is great In music. i always thought the best music is not what you hear., its what you don't hear.

[quote name='bubinga5' timestamp='1461450963' post='3034821']
i haven't checked that fact but I'm sure there was Doug.! I've just spoken to you about this. whats the matter matey.?
[/quote]

No, you're addressing DarkHeart now. I left, on the tips of my toes.

[quote name='bubinga5' timestamp='1461450560' post='3034817']
...i learned from his records its ok to leave space in a record, anticipation is great In music. i always thought the best music is not what you hear., its what you don't hear.
[/quote]

+1. It's often what doesn't get played that counts, so important for good groove and feel. Prince was master of space and time... ;)

Edited by discreet

[quote name='discreet' timestamp='1461453069' post='3034839']
+1. It's often what doesn't get played that counts, so important for good groove and feel. Prince was master of space and time... ;)
[/quote] you could go on and on about playing bass. i think honesty, a moral compass, that many people don't think has got anything to do with bass or music but it so has. i think having those qualities and then having talent on top ., thats everything for me, timing is the standard that everyone should live by. But playing music right is a lot deeper that just picking up an instrument and playing.

i just wish i could play with a band like Prince's.

Edited by bubinga5

Yeah he was pretty good,but i didnt like the later stuff,i love the older 80s stuff but i hate to say i think he was slightly overated.my favourite is still i wanna be your lover. Sad the little dude has gone. He had the balls to do what he wanted.

I love all his funky stuff, of course, but this one has always, right from the very first hearing, brought tears ro my eyes.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=zlZONgpmw58

Can't seem to make the video appear in the post. Can someone with a brain fix it please? Ta.

Edited by SICbass

[quote name='SICbass' timestamp='1461474294' post='3034868']
I love all his funky stuff, of course, but this one has always, right from the very first hearing, brought tears ro my eyes.
http://youtu.be/zlZONgpmw58
Can't seem to make the video appear in the post. Can someone with a brain fix it please? Ta.
[/quote]

I do like a lot of Prince's older 80's stuff best, but "Breakdown" from "Art Official Age" a couple of years ago is IMO both one of the best (most honest) songs he'd written, and builds up to be one of his greatest vocal performances.

Edited by Bo0tsy