Why become a member? ×

La Bella's

simes

A few weeks ago I treated myself to a Squier Bass VI, love it, it's fun to play in a quirky retro kind of way But.........the stock strings are woeful, I mean really rubbish. The perceived wisdom on the interweb suggests fitting La Bella's. Not that there's much choice anyway and none at all if you want heavier strings. I've always been a string is a string is a string kind of guy but La Bella flats, WOW, expensive hell yes, worth he cost, my god YES. They just exude quality. Will be putting some more thought into string changes on my other basses in future.

Haven't gone down the Staytrem replacement bridge route yet but definitely next on the list.

S

Another La Bellas fan here. Generally though, it took me quite some time to realise that string choice is very important and absolutely essential to get right if you want any bass to play well and sound good (to you).

Way more important than 'tonewoods', neck or fingerboard wood, neck profile, amp/cab and even pickups/electrics and hardware. The biggest upgrade you can make to a bass is to change the strings. I never judge a new or different bass until I have fitted 'my' strings on it. Which is the first thing I do.

Edited by discreet