Why become a member? ×

WARNING! Stolen Jazz Basses -66 and -78

GNUlars

Both my Fender Jazz Basses were stolen April 21. In Sweden, but they might turn up anywhere...
1966 Sonic Blue with P neck and 1978 natural

Hope the facebook link works, please go there and share:
https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=1102427929780469&id=176028529087085

Thanks
Lars Arvidsson

See detailed description and pictures below:
[attachment=217746:_MG_5319.jpg]
[attachment=217747:_MG_6887.jpg]

[font=Helvetica][size=3]
Two vintage Jazz Basses stolen April 21 2016[/size][/font][font=Helvetica][size=3]
From GNU Musikverkstad, Jonsered, outside Goteborg, Sweden[/size][/font]
[font=Helvetica][size=3]
Fender Jazz / Precision Bass[/size][/font][font=Helvetica][size=3]
Sonic Blue heavy relic refinish[/size][/font][font=Helvetica][size=3]
Precision -66 neck & tuners[/size][/font][font=Helvetica][size=3]
Lundgren Vintage Jazz pickups[/size][/font][font=Helvetica][size=3]
White repro relic pick guard[/size][/font][font=Helvetica][size=3]
Neck finish, tuners and logo completely original[/size][/font][font=Helvetica][size=3]
Refretted fingerboard sanded almost through the pearl markers at frets 12-20[/size][/font][font=Helvetica][size=3]
Fret slots sawed through the fingerboard a little bit into the maple[/size][/font][font=Helvetica][size=3]
Cracked finish on head with lots of hairline cracks [/size][/font][font=Helvetica][size=3]
Rusty bridge. No thumb rest, no chrome covers[/size][/font][font=Helvetica][size=3]
Body finish heavily cracked, yellowed and worn through at edge. Belt buckle wear on the back, through the finish.[/size][/font]
[font=Helvetica][size=3]
Fender Jazz Bass 1978[/size][/font][font=Helvetica][size=3]
Original neck and tuners with original finish on back and head, newer body natural polyester refin.[/size][/font][font=Helvetica][size=3]
Refretted with stainless medium jumbo frets. [/size][/font][font=Helvetica][size=3]
Fret ends extend over edge binding. Fingerboard polyester refinish. Crack between nut and the first block inlay (due to worn truss rod adjustment). Part of neck binding replaced from approx 2nd fret to end at nut, G-string side.[/size][/font][font=Helvetica][size=3]
Aguilar OBP-1 Preamp and two batteries in bottom of standard electronics compartment.[/size][/font][font=Helvetica][size=3]
No volume control. First knob is bass boost with push/pull active/passive switch, second knob is treble boost and the small third knob is pickup balance with center detent.[/size][/font][font=Helvetica][size=3]
Lundgren Vintage Jazz pickups[/size][/font][font=Helvetica][size=3]
Hipshot type A bridge with Fender mount[/size][/font][font=Helvetica][size=3]
Turtle pick guard (from a 1968 Jazz Bass i think)[/size][/font]

[quote name='TheGreek' timestamp='1461531090' post='3035516']
They're probably less common in Sweden so hopefully easier to identify...hope you get them back..
[/quote]
We have quite a lot of vintage Fenders in Sweden.... If you take a closer look at the specs/pictures they are easily enough identifyable. They might turn up in the UK... please share!

Edited by GNUlars

[quote name='SICbass' timestamp='1461604592' post='3036082']
Sorry to hear that mate. Miserable feckers!
Good luck getting your babies back.
[/quote]
Thanks SICbass! I hope I will find them...
Do you know any German bass forums and facebook groups where I can get my message across?
Thanks
Lars

• 3 weeks later...

Hi GNU,
I know your pain, mate.
After 24 years(!), I got back a bass nicked from my car in '91. The scumbags will only want to flog it on, and either have
or are lying low for a bit. Circulate the serial numbers! (I'm assuming you'd made a note of them...?)