Why become a member? ×

Iggy pop Gardenia bass tone

Patchbass

[quote name='Musicman20' timestamp='1461766252' post='3037428']
What a great song/album.

No doubt this is some sort of real tube overdrive, but one that can be emulated by a VT Bass pedal.

Sounds like some sort of neck humbucker to me with flats and/or the treble knocked down.
[/quote]
Yeah I love it. And yeah I was wondering either VT or maybe VMT sort of area... I believe Matt Sweeney uses an EB-0 with flats, just been trying to work out that punchy drive which probably came from a valve amp but now to work out what gets closest to it...

This sounds very much like what I'm getting from a Fender P with flats and foam under the strings going through boss CS3 compressor and a VT500 amp played with a pick.
You could try a Tech 21 VT bass DI pedal ?

Edited by spyder

[quote name='Iheartreverb' timestamp='1461846279' post='3038130']
Anything Josh Homme is involved with commonly has flats on it such as when he was playing bass on the last few Queens albums using that semi hollow Yamaha with flats. Flats with a bit of drive and a pick would get you very very close
[/quote] yeah, just workin out what drive, something between an sft, blueberry or beta perhaps?

[quote name='Iheartreverb' timestamp='1461846279' post='3038130']
Anything Josh Homme is involved with commonly has flats on it such as when he was playing bass on the last few Queens albums using that semi hollow Yamaha with flats. Flats with a bit of drive and a pick would get you very very close
[/quote]

That's pretty much it I think, also the track "Mantra" he did with Grohl/Trent Reznor is a good example of this.

Side note, anybody else going to the RAH to see Iggy in 2 weeks?

[quote name='Sammers' timestamp='1461849098' post='3038181']

That's pretty much it I think, also the track "Mantra" he did with Grohl/Trent Reznor is a good example of this.

Side note, anybody else going to the RAH to see Iggy in 2 weeks?
[/quote]
Yeah just searching for the right drive! And I wish I was!