Why become a member? ×

Trace Elliot ah1200-12 anyone seen one s/h?

Stu-khag

Hello, a friend has kindly been letting me use his trace Elliot ah1200 12 to rehearse with. He paid Round 1200 quid new for it. Has anyone seen one come up for sale secondhand? He wants to sell it to me but I can't seem to find any that have sold secondhand.

As in the new 'Peavey' era ones? I haven't seen many about second hand, though being honest I'm not sure that Trace Elliot sold that many. However that doesn't mean that they aren't good amps!

You will easily find an older Trace Elliot 12 band model for not that much money that will offer most of the same features of the newer Trace Elliot amps. The Series 6 and SMX stuff is pretty good. I picked up an 12 band SMX head for under £300 about five years ago.

thanks both - its pretty new so I guess must be one of the peavey ones.
I've yet to find one sold to be honest even on ebay. there's one on reverb selling for 800 which is what I'd expect at least if I was selling. Its a nice amp and sounds good but I really woudn't want to pay more than £300 for anything. I find I sound pretty much the same on whatever rig. Its got too many bells and whistles for me (ie - I don't understand compressors or graphic eqs!).