Why become a member? ×

GK

tom1946

Hi Guys,
I currently run a markbass CMD 151 combo with a 1x15, even that is a bit heavy to lift over the sill of my car so I'm looking at adding a [size=4]Gallien Krueger MB112-II Combo for ease of carrying and loading. 41lbs down to 28lbs[/size]

[size=4]Anybody got one? any good?[/size]

I had the 15" version. It was not a quality piece of kit in my opinion, but built down to a price. It sounded OK until you turned the volume up a bit. I do have to say that mine was one of those they built in China. I sold it on eBay after only a few days because I didn't want to foist it on a Basschatter. I'd advise caution. Not in the same class as the Markbass, I'm afraid.

Edited by stevie

I'd agree with Stevie. I went shopping for a compact combo and compared the GK MB112 with the Markbass 112 combo. MB was well ahead in terms of tone and clarity and went louder without struggling. Approaching twice the price, so ought to have been, mind. In the end, I bought neither. Bought a Phil Jones C4 Piranha cab to use with my existing head for small jobs - found it out-performed both.