Why become a member? ×

Vulfpeck, and Joe Dart

Funky Dunky

[quote name='PaulGibsonBass' timestamp='1490787626' post='3267951']
Found this the other day, the isolation really highlights how staccato and ghost-notey Joe's style is.

[media]http://youtu.be/T9xRuViPdkI[/media]
[/quote]

Thanks! I'd not heard this. I love the bit at 3:20 so much, I mean the whole thing is amazing but that tiny run once they've gone back to the "chorus" (Is it called "the head" in jazz?) is just outstanding

I dunno the guys that play drums do ok. I like the minimal approach they use and that they swap vocals drums keys and guitars. It seems to work and they're fierce live too.
Could a group like Vulfpeck happen in the UK?

[quote name='dannybuoy' timestamp='1491030458' post='3269912']
They swap bass too, Katzman and Stratton both played a bit during the London gig!
[/quote]

Really? I've watched so much live footage and never seen this. What did Joe do? Do you know if there's any footage online?

• 3 months later...

[quote name='GisserD' timestamp='1501856513' post='3347841']
i just noticed theres some stem files for vulfpeck on bandcamp. anybody with a DAW can pretend to be Joe :)

its so awesome that vulfpeck do stuff like this. its awesomeness is awesome!
[/quote]

I can't see these, are they in the list of formats when you download? I have the first three in my collection and don't have an option for stem files.

[quote name='dannybuoy' timestamp='1501939160' post='3348354']

I can't see these, are they in the list of formats when you download? I have the first three in my collection and don't have an option for stem files.
[/quote]

Try this...

https://vulfstems.bandcamp.com/album/back-pocket

[quote name='PaulGibsonBass' timestamp='1501924411' post='3348223']
New interview with Joe [url="http://www.notreble.com/buzz/2017/08/03/groove-episode-32-joe-dart/"]http://www.notreble....de-32-joe-dart/[/url]
[/quote]

Yes, it's ace, listened to this Saturday morning. The Flea story is lovely

• 1 month later...

[quote name='GisserD' timestamp='1501856513' post='3347841']
i just noticed theres some stem files for vulfpeck on bandcamp. anybody with a DAW can pretend to be Joe :)
[/quote]

Can you explain this in easy words so I can relay it to a curious old person. thanks!

[quote name='toneknob' timestamp='1506066701' post='3376165']
Can you explain this in easy words so I can relay it to a curious old person. thanks!
[/quote]

They make the individual bass, guitar, drum, vocal audio tracks available. If you have recording software such as Pro Tools, Logic, Cubase etc, you can import the individual instruments you want as a backing track, and play along. The suggestion here is that you can load everything but the bass part and 'be Joe Dart' for a bit :)

I'm seeing them in London tomorrow, thought I was going to miss it due to playing myself, but gig got cancelled......hooorray!

Si

[quote name='Sibob' timestamp='1506073267' post='3376229']
They make the individual bass, guitar, drum, vocal audio tracks available. If you have recording software such as Pro Tools, Logic, Cubase etc, you can import the individual instruments you want as a backing track, and play along. The suggestion here is that you can load everything but the bass part and 'be Joe Dart' for a bit :)

I'm seeing them in London tomorrow, thought I was going to miss it due to playing myself, but gig got cancelled......hooorray!

Si
[/quote]

Thanks! That sounds quite cool, and a nice next step from the nugs.net (etc) scene of releasing every gig (see for example Snarky, Phish, Umphrey's, Mule and that lot)

Hand also up for London gig tomorrow. LCD Soundsystem tonight. Sunday quiet sitting.