Why become a member? ×

A Groove for Solo4625.

bubinga5

[quote name='bubinga5' timestamp='1462157798' post='3040672']
WTF.?
[/quote]

No, all of the Outrun music was written by a chap called Yu Suzuki who was part of the Sega house band (seriously)
I reckon he was a Stevie fan though - the track from 8.30 has a Stevie pop/fusion quality, albeit trapped in a Spectrum...

http://youtube.com/watch?v=aEz1BVeGO2o

Edited by Roland Rock

Cool!

I do have a soft spot for what they used to do with those old sound chips. I spent something like £75 on a VST that modelled a bunch of them actually, use it all the time, there's single-channel Nintendo white noise drums on one section of a track I was working on just the other day.

I also have a pretty close approximation of the Pac-Man death sound stored as patch 83 on my Bass Station II, but haven't found a use for it yet. :D

That Stevie tune really does sound like it was composed at Sega. I love Stevie's soul stuff, I still listen to Innervisions and SITKOL pretty regularly, but that tune sounds like a videogame to me.

[quote name='Roland Rock' timestamp='1462170330' post='3040688']
No, all of the Outrun music was written by a chap called Yu Suzuki who was part of the Sega house band (seriously)
I reckon he was a Stevie fan though - the track from 8.30 has a Stevie pop/fusion quality, albeit trapped in a Spectrum...

[media]http://youtube.com/watch?v=aEz1BVeGO2o[/media]
[/quote] good god, the musical stuff you guys know.!!!??