Why become a member? ×

EBS Session 30, 60 or Line 6 Lowdown 110?

Jabba_the_gut

I'm thinking about a smallish, lightweight amp for doing some stuff with a couple of acoustic guitars/open mic type thing. I'm kind of thinking of a used EBS Session 60 or Line 6 Lowdown 110 as they seem to go for round the £100 mark. I'm thinking of these as they might be a flexible solution as the can be DI'd if I need that option. Both amps seem to get quite good reviews - I'm leaning more to the Line 6 based on size and weight.

I was also thinking about the EBS Session 30 as that is a little more compact but not sure if that would be a bit tinny but I like the size of it and the DI option again.

If anyone has any experience of any of these in a similar situation, please could you let me know what you think.

Cheers

Jez

I used the line 6 with two acoustic guitars and it was perfect. It did have a very heavy sound that gave the impression you were playing through a bigger rig.
I always regret selling it as they are rare second hand and can be picked up for about £90.

Try them, and get the one you like best.
I tried all the combos from EBS, and the tone from the 60 was thw one I liked most.
I ended up with a Reidmar Head and two 12" cabs from the Classic Series.
You should always get the one you love, not what other people tell you to get

Edited by isteen

I use a Hartke Kickback 10 for just this sort of use. Sounds great but it's shape means it bangs against your legs a bit if you have to carry it any distance. Not a problem carrying from the car park but not much fun in pedestrianised town centres. Again I paid about £100 for it

• 2 months later...

[quote name='uk_lefty' timestamp='1469011896' post='3095033']
Would be good to know where you can get the ebs session 60 so cheap! Personally never got on with line six amps, but ebs are quality
[/quote]

Used (actually got it for something like 50 UK pounds)

Edited by isteen