Why become a member? ×

Music Man Sterling doubt

Xsterling

Hello,

Can anyone tell me which was the original price of an Ernie Ball Music Man Sterling and the current value?
Num. F03832, made in USA, blue pearl body with black pickguard and switch selector, rosewood fretboard, original case.
Mint condition, of course!

I'm not trying to sell it. It's just curiosity!

Thanks!

[quote name='Xsterling' timestamp='1462003119' post='3039415']
Hello,

Can anyone tell me which was the original price of an Ernie Ball Music Man Sterling and the current value?
Num. F03832, made in USA, blue pearl body with black pickguard and switch selector, rosewood fretboard, original case.
Mint condition, of course!

I'm not trying to sell it. It's just curiosity!

Thanks!
[/quote]

Unsure of the original price back in 93 when they were first produced but £1200-1300 new now. A quick search will reveal them selling on Basschat for £600-800 but folks have asked for up to £1000... they tend not to sell!

[quote name='Xsterling' timestamp='1462005343' post='3039444']
According to de serial number it was made in 2001, if that matters.
[/quote]

Makes no difference at all; the first ones with the bridge mutes 'might' command a slightly higher price but 2001 has no redeeming merit so it'll be the same as the ones for sale on here at the moment £600-£700

[quote name='warwickhunt' timestamp='1462003657' post='3039420']
Unsure of the original price back in 93 when they were first produced but £1200-1300 new now. A quick search will reveal them selling on Basschat for £600-800 but folks have asked for up to £1000... they tend not to sell!
[/quote]

They're [url="http://www.gak.co.uk/en/music-man-sterling-black-black-rosewood-pick-guard/78487"]£1500[/url] now and £1600 for the natural ones. Very underrated basses

Edited by Delberthot