Why become a member? ×

Flatwound review

SH73

Strings are like Christmas cards. The shelves at shops are flooded and you're confused unless you are happy with "that'll do" approach. I have come across this review. Hope it may assist to those as confused as me. Hope not too biased.

http://fenderbassplayer.com/flatwound-string-reviews

Edited by SH73

Useful link, thanks for posting. It would've been nice to have had the new EB Cobalts included as these are what I'm using at the moment (I previously used La Bellas) and his opinion on the differences he perceived would've been extra useful.

[quote name='ezbass' timestamp='1462031206' post='3039810']
Useful link, thanks for posting. It would've been nice to have had the new EB Cobalts included as these are what I'm using at the moment (I previously used La Bellas) and his opinion on the differences he perceived would've been extra useful.
[/quote]
How do you find EB cobalt?

[quote name='SH73' timestamp='1462039124' post='3039891']

How do you find EB cobalt?
[/quote]Just playing at home they sounded and felt great, not quite the full on roundwound tone, but quite close. They were also very clean straight out of the packet, not sticky at all. However, I've just come back from my first gig with them and they sounded amazing, really solid bottom end with a nicely defined mid range and a polite top end. After several songs they still felt smooth and snag free. I'd buy them again.