Why become a member? ×

Garageband help?

silverfoxnik

Hi Folks

I've just decided to venture into the DAW world and have an 2010 iMac with El Capitan as the OS, and which has Garageband on it. So far so good, and as a next step, I've bought a Focusrite Saffire 6 USB here on BC to use with it..

Having downloaded the drivers for it, it seems to be working, the lights are on etc, etc..and I can hear my bass when it's plugged into it via a pair of headphones.

But no matter what I do, I can't get Garageband to recognise the signal from my bass, even though I think I've set up the relevant settings in Garageband in order for that to happen.

Has anyone got any useful tips/advice on what i need to do to make this work??

Thanks

Nik

I'm running a similar setup, but with a Focusrite Forte instead.

I'm presuming your input and output devices are set as the Focusrite in Garageband preferences. To hear the bass in Garageband, you'll need to add it as a new track. That 'should' be all.

Hope this helps.

That specific interface has problems with the current version of OS X. I cannot get my USB 6 to work with my MacBook. My Focusrite Scarlett interface runs just fine. Focusrite had acknowledged the problem; perhaps you could email their support address to find out if they are anywhere near fixing the problem.

Edit: I have not read this myself yet but it addresses the problem:
https://discussions.apple.com/thread/7259971?start=0

Edited by DBerriff