Why become a member? ×

Fodera Imperial Mini MG

philw

[quote name='project_c' timestamp='1462454596' post='3043137']
Are you sure? Have you seen Brooklyn prices recently?? The days of that area - or almost any other in and around nyc - being grimey and affordable are long gone. Brooklyn is probably the most gentrified neighborhood on earth. You need about 40k a year just to rent a reasonable sized office in the Dumbo area.
[/quote]

But Foders aren't in DUMBO. In fact they are about as far as you can get from DUMBO and still be in Brooklyn.

[quote name='eude' timestamp='1462459423' post='3043199']
I'm just going to leave this here...

http://www.acguitars.co.uk/acg_admin/wordpress/portfolio/0241-border-reiver-5/

:yarr:

Eude
[/quote]

Not a short scale though. Medium maybe. Looks nice, sure.

[quote name='project_c' timestamp='1462474388' post='3043393']
Not a short scale though. Medium maybe. Looks nice, sure.
[/quote]

OK, well how about this one?... http://www.acguitars.co.uk/acg_admin/wordpress/portfolio/0233-border-reiver-4-for-sale/

[quote name='project_c' timestamp='1462480693' post='3043480']
That's a 4 string :)
But yeah, very nice regardless of that, the design makes a lot more sense without a headstock. I do think the only reason Fodera put a headstock on that bass is to accommodate the d-tuner.
[/quote]

I think you're right.
Personally, I don't mind the mini headstock on the Fodera.

How about short(ish) scale, 31.5"?
Here's my 6 string, not quite as compact, but it does fit in a guitar gigbag...

[url="https://www.instagram.com/p/_YgLzosaTO/?taken-by=eudeboy"]https://www.instagra...aken-by=eudeboy[/url]

Eude

Edited by eude

I'm pleased that Fodera are addressing the 'lack' in tonal response that frequently characterises other headless instruments. It was a relief to hear too that there's a complementary pack of strings. I'm conflicted now - do I sell my Streamline and go for the MG, or just live with its tonal inferiorities? I'd still have my old Status Series II but it's a great big bulky thing and a lot of people have remarked on its tonal limitations too

[quote name='keefbaker' timestamp='1462528243' post='3043752']
I dropped interest at singlecut. I've no idea why but I can never get past singlecut, I just don't like that look.
[/quote]

I guess it can't get more Marmite than a singlecut headless short scale!

[quote name='three' timestamp='1462526672' post='3043729']
I'm pleased that Fodera are addressing the 'lack' in tonal response that frequently characterises other headless instruments. It was a relief to hear too that there's a complementary pack of strings. I'm conflicted now - do I sell my Streamline and go for the MG, or just live with its tonal inferiorities? I'd still have my old Status Series II but it's a great big bulky thing and a lot of people have remarked on its tonal limitations too
[/quote]

:D

[quote name='three' timestamp='1462526672' post='3043729']
[/quote]

Would an identical Series II but with a head sound different to the headless version then?