Why become a member? ×

SE Bash - post match thread

WalMan

Well that was fun. Ran a bit late from a gig, but had a good day meeting BC'ers both new and old, and what an incredibly nice bunch we all were :)

Interesting set of talks in the second room. Missed the set up from Joe White unfortunately, but Adrian Ashton, John East & Alex Claber all put on great shows.

Thanks to Nik & Merton for all the work setting up a great day. Here's to the next one...........oh and I won a set of strings in the raffle - marvellous :huh:

Thanks everyone for making it happen and for making me so welcome... It's not all true what they say about you southerners lol

21.10 and just got back... lots of jams on the way back including a pretty serious looking accident on the M25 anti clockwise around junc 11 or 12 I think with helicopter sat on motorway :)

Anyway thanks again and nice to meet you all.

Really good day thanks; good to meet loads of nice people and try loads of different basses. Hats off to Nik (silverfoxnik) and Martin (Merton) for organising it all, the day went really quickly, which is a good sign.

Highlights included playing Ped's Vigier (action so low that it virtually plays itself), CK's mojo'd Stingray (great vintage vibe), Mert's J-Retroactive (very stealth) and playing through WalMan's MarkBass combo (loads of power from a small light box), philthebassist's Hartke rig (great trouserflapper). Enjoyed the demos and got my G&L set up by Joe White too. Would have loved to have played a Status or three - but sadly no-one brought any.

Nice seeing you all - catch you next time.

Matt

Edited by stingrayfan

[quote name='stingrayfan' post='293614' date='Sep 27 2008, 09:23 PM']Really good day thanks; good to meet loads of nice people and try loads of different basses. Hats off to Nik (silverfoxnik) and Martin (Merton) for organising it all, the day went really quickly, which is a good sign.

Highlights included playing Ped's Vigier (action so low that it virtually plays itself)[/quote]
I've played it a number of times over the years and its still a standard setting instrument. I don't know of anyone yet who hasn't been impressed by it. Have to say I thought we had a really good crowd there today, great vibe and a great day out. Thanks again to Nik and Merton for organising, I hope a decent wedge went to charity at the end of it.

Photos are being uploaded onto Photoobucket at the mo and I'll post a whole load of links when they've finished uploading. There were about 125 pics on my camera! Thanks to Sylas too for taking most of them! :)

Yeah - a great day! Thanks so much to Nik & Martin for all the hard work. Kudos to Monz fer drivin' al't way from Baarnsley up't cobbled motorways :)

Bernie Goodfellow's basses are just amazing! - far to good for a ten thumbed troll like me!

Met lots of new faces behind the avatars and Joe White did a fantastic set-up on my new Stingray. It was way more than just a set-up, more like a full stripdown and complete service.

Fell in love with some more Lakland's - I think they really are my fave out-of-the-box bass.

Already looking forward to the Spring SE Bass Bash! :huh:

OK, all the rest can be found here:
[url="http://s6.photobucket.com/albums/y222/crazykiwibass/SE%20Bassbash%2027-09-08/"]http://s6.photobucket.com/albums/y222/craz...ash%2027-09-08/[/url]

BTW a bass stand was left behind. Silverfoxnik has it so if the owner could contact him we will arrange some way of getting it to you.

[quote name='thedontcarebear' post='293655' date='Sep 27 2008, 10:19 PM']The photobucket link asks for a password.[/quote]
Does it? Bugger. I'll have a look and see if I can sort the problem out. It did say the album was public.

EDIT: OK, it should work now.

Just a quick +1 from the comfort of my sofa, really good day really well organized and good friendly atmosphere. It was great having talks as well and I thought Adrian Ashton coming down was great as well it's good that we made him welcome, I really enjoyed getting to know some new faces and try some tasty gear and yes Ped's Vigier is simply amazing, I got a little carried away at the end :)

Thanks again to all who attended, though I feel a bit sorry for the wedding party there as well, guess it was bass players revenge for all those crap weddings in the past

Mike

Bugger I missed the Bootsie bass :)

The looks on the wedding party's faces as the wandered past :huh: "[i]Stay away from the scary men dear..... you don't know where they've been & they associate with drummers[/i]" Still think the suggestion of a bass orchestra of "Mustang Sally" should have been a goer :huh:

[quote name='durandassi' post='293650' date='Sep 27 2008, 10:10 PM']Well, looks like a great day for all! Strange thing, my bass made it, but i did'nt! i dropped my GB rumour of with Bernie Goodfellow the day b4 for a service,
glad he took it along for you all to see, the one with the snakewood fretboard.

James.[/quote]

Looked good as always. I hear you've chosen your wood for your next purchase... going to be an interesting build me thinks! Looking forward to seeing it!

Well it's been a cracking day, only just got home after the Bash and then going over to South London to see a friend playing in a swing band in a massive church. Was great to see the faces of the names, big shout to Silverfoxnik and Merton for all the organisation. Hey Monz, glad you made it home ok, yeah that M25 can be a bit nasty sometimes, my work takes me round it all the time and it ain't pretty. Cheers for doing a fantastic deal on those cabs, they will get a work out later today. I was told the money might be going towards a GB Spitfire fund, well good luck with that, you can't go wrong IMHO, Bernies basses are the nuts! Good to see Adrian again, he used to relieve me of many quids when I was in Devon and he worked the shop in Mansons. I took a few photos and when I get up later this morning I'll upload them, also I videoed most of the GB demo by Bernie and if the quality is ok I'll put it on youtube. sh*t, it's 1.30am and I'm still buzzing!!

Nighty night........can't wait for the next one! :)

What a great way to spend the day! There ain't a music shop in the country with that amount of quality basses and amps under one roof, and if there was, you can bet the people in it would be nothing like the friendly,enthusiastic and helpful bunch I've encountered today!! I have to say, I think Alex Claber was man of the match, very entertaining and informative workshop and that cab sounded MASSIVE! Nik and Mert did a fantastic job on the organisation and thanks to phil for the lift share - that volvo is cavernous! Here's to the next one....... :)