Why become a member? ×

NCD - Barefaced One10 *REVIEW*

discreet

[quote name='Fisheth' timestamp='1464969241' post='3064282']
Man I am so tempted to try and get one of these, just in case I have any rehearsals in anyone's loft again...
My Supercompact was well, too big for it! Amazingly.
[/quote]

Bloody hell - you don't play with The Borrowers, do you?

Edited by discreet

[quote name='bagsieblue' timestamp='1462865789' post='3046288']
These do look great indeed and getting rave review.

Does anyone have any experience as to how these compare to EBS Neo 110 Cabs?
(tempted for a cab overhaul.......)
[/quote]

Curious on how it would compare to my EBS NeoLine 112, too. Been really happy with that EBS for the past 5 years.

Now looking for something that could enrich the tone of my EBS. Was looking for a 2x10 or so, but maybe I should give these BF things a go...

[quote name='madame clapotis' timestamp='1465150879' post='3065644']
Oh and btw, what are these 'underneath'-ports like? I have never seen anything alike on bass guitar cabinets. I'd think it would make a great difference when using the cab horizontal or vertical, lifted on a stand or not, etc..
[/quote]

I've used the cab horizontal and vertical, on a stand and not - seems to make no difference whatsoever. :)

Tried one of these out today at the Herts Bass Bash. Some very impressive amounts of sound come from these tiny little cabs, and they also react very well to whichever amp is being used - in todays case a Markbass Little Mark, and an Aguilar Tonehammer. Although using my Precision in both cases, the difference in amps was clearly heard. For me, the rich vintage voicing of the One10 paired better with the more neutral sounding Markbass amp, whereas with the Tonehammer, also being pretty vintagey, it felt a little "congested".

[quote name='JapanAxe' timestamp='1465839577' post='3071480']
Does that cable actually reach the socket like that?
[/quote]

Eh? Yes. That's a picture of the cable securely plugged in at either end. Admittedly my photographic skills aren't all that, but yes, the cable actually reaches the socket like that.

The Speakon at the cab end is a 90-degree angled job.

Edited by discreet

• 2 weeks later...

[quote][color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]My 2nd One10 has arrived![/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Lovely little stack. Rehearsal on Sat morning, then a gig the following Sat. Looking forward to it. [/font][/color][/quote]

How is the difference between the two cabs? New or broken-in?

• 3 weeks later...

I gigged my little stack last week. Music Trust gig so several ensembles of various sizes.

Sounded brilliant. Extra height of 2 cabs was great for monitoring and there seemed to just be a bit more of everything.

Played everything from Bacarach tunes to the Hawaii 5-0 theme!

[quote name='paul h' timestamp='1462870875' post='3046372']
This thread is not helping me in the slightest.

Does anyone want to trade a Gen1 Compact for a One10?

:D
[/quote]

Having had both........no. :lol:

I'm using my One10 with a Tech 21 VT500 head and it sounds fabulous. Anyone looking for Squire/early Glover-esque tone in a rig the size and weight of a handbag couldn't go too far wrong with it.