Why become a member? ×

New RHCP single

Chiliwailer

I really like it, it is a throw back to the 2nd generation frusciante RHCP, and prefer it to the detour that "I'm with you" was. Despite "look around" I think the rest of that album is a reflection of who they were - a band trying to find themselves after a major part of the band had left.
I really dig the new track, I hope the rest of the album follows suit, but agree it could do with a little more power and grit!!

I like it, it seems to have something that lacked from the last album. The piano is an interesting addition (for them anyway) and lifts the tune.
I for one am glad they're not pretending to be in their mid twenties and rehashing BSSM. Nothing worse than old blokes (and let's not forget three of them are knocking on the door of 60) trying to be young and controversial. The one reason I can't even bear to look at Mick Jagger is that he really should stop pretending he's still 21.
Looking forward to a RHCP album not "produced" by Rick Rubin too.

It's OK. Not one of their classics, but even their worst track is better than a lot of the stuff that passes for "music" these days... :mellow:

Good grief - I've turned into my own father!! :o :blush:

Not in the same class as these though..

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZymdEOAH5xE[/media]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zRs4WMwMiwQ

Edited by Conan

no need for links I know the songs haha. That was the first thought I had when I heard the tune especially the slap bit really reminds me to the point where I thought it was the same riff just slowed down.

No need tobesrry I m often wrong....as my wife tells me

[quote name='joey1234' timestamp='1462979348' post='3047513']
I thought the slap bass was a re-hash of give it away, it sounds it to me anyway.
[/quote]

'Give it away'? I don't really hear that, at all.
It does remind me a bit of 'Can't stop'...

It's growing on me 'though. Once I stop thinking of it as a RHCP track, I actually like it. I guess I have to accept that the old RHCP is no more.

[quote name='hiram.k.hackenbacker' timestamp='1462979497' post='3047514']

Watching the Klingon in this is like seeing a kid who has overdosed on blue smarties.
Did he do this looning around in the other bands he been in as it seems to be not something he's very good at here?
[/quote]

Yes he did.

*don't click this link if you, or those around you, are offended by swear words*
https://youtu.be/AzI1F7LwGdM

Not their best by some way but still a whole lot better than most, and I prefer a world in which the chilis are making music to one in which they're not. OK, they're not the most talented musicians or the best songwriters, but something about them has consistently resonated with me in a way few other bands have in the 40 odd years in which I've been consciously listening to music. I'm biased :)

[quote name='hiram.k.hackenbacker' timestamp='1463086817' post='3048546']

This will be why - she was out as a three piece....

https://youtu.be/A29BMj3v86w
[/quote]

I was down under that year and saw her with the same three piece. Killer combo!
I felt she was treading water a bit with the Uh-Huh-Her album and line up. (which Josh was in) Good but not great.
She's really found herself again with the last two albums IMO.

Sorry for the diversion there...😀

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='Grassie' timestamp='1462627177' post='3044505']
I like it, it seems to have something that lacked from the last album. The piano is an interesting addition (for them anyway) and lifts the tune.
I for one am glad they're not pretending to be in their mid twenties and rehashing BSSM. Nothing worse than old blokes (and let's not forget three of them are knocking on the door of 60) trying to be young and controversial. The one reason I can't even bear to look at Mick Jagger is that he really should stop pretending he's still 21.
Looking forward to a RHCP album not "produced" by Rick Rubin too.
[/quote]

Mick Jagger is not pretending to be anything. He's "Mick Jagger"

Blue

Edited by blue

[quote name='hiram.k.hackenbacker' timestamp='1464047063' post='3056155']
Here is a live version from 22/5 which was uploaded a few hours ago....

https://youtu.be/HwbB2uljQ5k

Flea's bass looks very Fender shaped. Pretty sure I saw Fender on the headstock. What gives?
[/quote]

Looks like a Jazz, an out of tune Jazz Bass.

Blue

Edited by blue

[quote name='blue' timestamp='1464058967' post='3056176']

Not in my opinion and I'm a fan.

Blue
[/quote]
As always, musical taste is subjective.
I was going to post a profound argument in favour of the individual and their freedom of opinion and taste, bit ultimately, I can't be arsed. You don't like Red Hot Chili Peppers, I can't stand the Rolling Stones. CLICHÉ ALERT! "It would be a boring world if we all liked the same things."