Why become a member? ×

Radiohead - Burn The Witch

Guest Jecklin

Guest Jecklin

I only resisted posting this a couple of days ago as I assumed I'd be beaten to it.

It seems not.

I like the video more than the music, but I'm hopeful the new album may have some really great sounds on it.

I came to radiohead late, so I'm not a fan as such, but certainly enjoy some of their stuff.

Discuss-
http://youtu.be/yI2oS2hoL0k

Edited by Jecklin

I love the track (Burn the witch) and same as you really, a late bloomer when it comes to Radiohead. I'll be burned at stake for this (Pun intended) but I only like their output from ' Hail to the Thief ' onwards.

Edited by 40hz

Guest Jecklin

Hi 40hz it was Kid A , or rather a few tracks from it that made me take notice of Radiohead and I like hail to the theif a lot.

Thank you, I'd made a mistake in the tread title, now corrected.

I love the individual sounds in burn the witch, but wish it went on longer and developed into something else.

I'm getting excited about the new album for just this reason.

Edited by Jecklin

I'll check this out tomorrow... I was never really into them but In Rainbows is the only album I've listed to properly and there are some amazing tracks on it, these two being my favourites:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GoLJJRIWCLU

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BbWBRnDK_AE

Love the track... quite like the video but it's a bit lazy... copy a much loved children's classic and subvert it with a much loved horror classic but hey, I guess that counts as good design these days. 'Pyramid Song' was my gateway song into RH as the rhythm section reminded me of early Crimson.

Radiohead & me parted company after Kid A, I think more to do with my broadening musical tastes than because I stopped liking the band.

I keep meaning to check out their later stuff, this seems decent enough although I do tend to find Thom Yorke's vocal style a bit samey by the time I get to the end of an album.

I quite enjoyed the track and the video.
I'm quite a seasoned listener with radiohead, as I saw them around the time they were signed. Thom Yorker had a bleach blond explosion of a hairdo at the time!
As I was working on the gig at my su, and got on well with them, I was offered a job with them as a guitar tech.
I turned it down though, and sometimes ( although pretty rarely!) I regret the decision.

[quote name='visog' timestamp='1462511678' post='3043605']
[the video is] a bit lazy... copy a much loved children's classic and subvert it with a much loved horror classic
[/quote]

I thought so too

I used to really like Radiohead but I think my tastes and their music parted company somewhere after Kid A.

Edited by ahpook

Love it. Very much looking forward to their next album. I came to Radiohead around the time of OK Computer and have ben hooked since. Some of the albums since then have taken a bit more investigating than others, but i really enjoy the fact that every album holds new surprises.

[quote name='lojo' timestamp='1462640470' post='3044622']
I really liked them till I heard him moaning about having to play creep all the time , and I thought my plumber mate doesn't moan about boilers
[/quote]

Good for your plumber mate. Not every housewife can be a stunna. :ph34r:

'The Bends' and 'OK Computer' are simply stunning. I need to spend more time listening to their later output, but I really liked 'Kid A'.

They are extremely original, and quite dark/mysterious, which is interesting in a rather bland and over saturated market.

[quote name='Musicman20' timestamp='1462791748' post='3045630']
'The Bends' and 'OK Computer' are simply stunning. I need to spend more time listening to their later output, but I really liked 'Kid A'.

They are extremely original, and quite dark/mysterious, which is interesting in a rather bland and over saturated market.
[/quote]
Kinda sums up my Radiohead journey. Got into 'The Bends' back in the mid-1990's just before 'OK Computer' came out (1997 IIRC). It captured the zeitgeist just when I was going to university and getting into live music.

Thought it was OK on first hearing - then listened to it again, and again, and again and now I can't get it out of my head! I've heard the new album through once and 'Burn The Witch' is my current favourite... some of the other tracks seem more like fillers (particularly when compared to classics from their earlier years).