Why become a member? ×

Pleased With This First Demo of my Band

Mykesbass

My band did a day's session in a tiny studio locally - all live apart from BV's. An atypical mix of blues. On first listen I was way to self critical, but then listened to it for what it was - live, first time for all of us in the studio, and six tracks in a day and am very pleased with it.

Love this track - first part sung by singer's 16 year old daughter, with mum taking over for the Grateful Dead bit towards the end. A John Prine song covered by Bonnie Raitt and Susan Tedeschi: [url="https://soundcloud.com/bluesstorm/angel-of-montgomery"]https://soundcloud.com/bluesstorm/angel-of-montgomery[/url]

[quote name='Mykesbass' timestamp='1462519827' post='3043660']
My band...
[/quote]

Very nice; very nice indeed. Good, solid, sober playing, authentic arrangement, excellent vocals (special mention...). If I could allow myself a tiny quibble..? Yes..? OK, but a tiny one: that darned snare, just that touch too dry and too present. Well played, but (to my old ears...), slightly out of context. OK, that's all. A ringing round of applause for all concerned. Good stuff.

[quote name='Mykesbass' timestamp='1462556659' post='3044064']
Haven't found a version of theirs that it sounds like - we borrowed this from Susan Tedeschi!
[/quote]

Not much of what they played sounded the same twice in a row..! That's part of their charm. :lol: B)