Why become a member? ×

Hercules guitar stand

badboy1984

http://www.herculesstands.com/guitars/GS402BB.html

I've got one of these - more than adequate and it comes with a little drawstring bag to carry it in when folded up. Certainly much easier to transport than an "A" frame stand. I've never had an issues with mine, definitely sturdy and well built, I'd recommend one.

On a slightly different note - I had one of their "hanging" stands for my Ashbory, to adjust the height you'd squeeze the handle - after a while this got sticky so became unusable. I contacted Hercules UK (owned by StringandthingsUK) who were aware of the problem and supplied a replacement FOC.(now one of the prizes in the next Herts Bass Bash)

We all know how important good customer service is so this is now well planted in my mind.

[quote name='CamdenRob' timestamp='1462949959' post='3047100']
I could really do with a decent "hang from the head" style stand for my Wal but I can't find one with wide enough jaws to fit the neck in :blink:

... any recommendations greatly appreciated.
[/quote]

The Ultimate Support stand I've got has a V shaped hanger so it will take a lot of different neck sizes.

"On a slightly different note - I had one of their "hanging" stands for my Ashbory, to adjust the height you'd squeeze the handle - after a while this got sticky so became unusable. I contacted Hercules UK (owned by StringandthingsUK) who were aware of the problem and supplied a replacement FOC."

Thanks for that info, mine's gone the same way. I was thinking of contacting them about it so now I definitely will.

I'm a fan of Herculaes stands, I have a number of different ones for different applications. Generally they are very well engineered, e.g. their orchestra[url="http://www.herculesstands.co.uk/p/quik-n-ez-grip-orchestra-stand-with-foldable-desk?pp=24"] music stand[/url]
is well engineered, albeit on the heavy side - but that's why I got it. I do think though that the bass stand is not as well thought out as some of the other stands I've used.

[quote name='CamdenRob' timestamp='1462961967' post='3047264']
I was just thinking a v shaped hanger would work... Is it one of these?

[/quote]

Yes, that looks like the one. I think the model number is GS100 but I've had it a few years so that might have changed now.

If you let me know the width of your Wals neck I'll measure the jaws for you to see if it'll fit if you want.

[quote name='TheGreek' timestamp='1462890823' post='3046686']
http://www.herculesstands.com/guitars/GS402BB.html

I've got one of these - more than adequate and it comes with a little drawstring bag to carry it in when folded up. Certainly much easier to transport than an "A" frame stand. I've never had an issues with mine, definitely sturdy and well built, I'd recommend one.
[/quote]

I've got one of these too, surprisingly strong but watch out for the foam that covers the arms that guitar sits on. After a while the foam becomes compacted and no longer protects the guitar from tubular steel underneath. I now lay a rolled up tea towel over these arms to prevent my guitar being chipped or dented on them.

Edited by darkandrew

• 1 year later...

Noticed my Hercules stand was not locking and on examination found the plastic around where the roll pin goes into the trigger had split. The spring seems to be too strong putting too much pressure here and the holes being so close to the edge don't help.
Have contacted them to see if this part is available as a spare.

[attachment=247653:Hercules.jpg]

[quote name='badboy1984' timestamp='1462866639' post='3046299']
This morning my Hercules GS412B stand broke all for a sudden. I did have the same stand for over 8 years so is about time. Was wondering is the GS402B is any good? I want something is sturdy but also portable. Will it hold my Spector Q6 bass (6 string)?
[/quote]

Mine also proved unreliable. I now use On Stage stands and love 'em.

I love Hercules stands and I'm surprised this one packed up - although I suppose 8yrs is a good run. I have the A frame ones ([color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]GS402B) which I have used for my Fender and Hofner basses but ventured onto the headstock supporting [/font][/color][color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]GS412B when I got my Thunderbird. I massively prefer the [/font][/color][color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]GS412B but the A frame ones are okay for conventional shaped basses. [/font][/color]

I have a pair of these http://herculesstands.com/international/products/fretted-and-bowed-instrument/guitar/single-stands/gs405b/ Had then for years, no issues. Fitted my 6 string Overwater ok.
I use one of these mostly, because it folds down smaller while still offering neck support https://produkte.k-m.de/en/Stands-and-accessories-for-instruments/Fretted-instruments/17670-Guitar-stand-Memphis-Pro-black

Edited by MOSCOWBASS