Why become a member? ×

Heyulp, lost a bit of a tuner.

karlfer

Hope somebody can help. I've placed a wanted ad, but just in case anybody has any ideas.

2005 American Deluxe Precision.
On the rear, bottom, of each tuner is a tiny screw that goes into the bottom of the tuner shaft.
The screw goes through a little ferrule, the photo shows better than my ramblings. Right tuner complete, left tuner missing bits.

Tried Allparts and Brabin and Rudd, but looks like I'm going to have to buy a complete tuner for 2 tiny bits.
Schaller part no 006-3547-000

Any suggestions would be great please,
cheers,
Karl.

[URL=http://s1354.photobucket.com/user/Karl_Altdorfer/media/013_zpsafdczdwf.jpg.html][IMG]http://i1354.photobucket.com/albums/q693/Karl_Altdorfer/013_zpsafdczdwf.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

If you have a local model engineers society (the sort of old guys that like to build miniature steam engines) I'm sure someone would be able to whip up a new ferrule from a bit of brass and identify the correct thread for a replacement machine screw. If you are really OCD, and would be unable to live with an unplated brass ferrule, just buy a new tuner.

Karl - you are not the first person this has happened to! These 'tension' screws have a habit of working loose and escaping so it is always worth a regular check and tighten if necessary. I lost one on Custom Shop Classic and ending up getting in contact with Fender UK who were very helpful and sourced the replacement.

If you don't get any joy with them, feel free to let me know and I'll see if I still have the email trail...........but it was quite a while ago! David.

[quote name='SubsonicSimpleton' timestamp='1462954636' post='3047151']
If you have a local model engineers society (the sort of old guys that like to build miniature steam engines) I'm sure someone would be able to whip up a new ferrule from a bit of brass and identify the correct thread for a replacement machine screw. If you are really OCD, and would be unable to live with an unplated brass ferrule, just buy a new tuner.
[/quote]
[quote name='Cotswoldbassguitars' timestamp='1462957173' post='3047179']
Karl - you are not the first person this has happened to! These 'tension' screws have a habit of working loose and escaping so it is always worth a regular check and tighten if necessary. I lost one on Custom Shop Classic and ending up getting in contact with Fender UK who were very helpful and sourced the replacement.

If you don't get any joy with them, feel free to let me know and I'll see if I still have the email trail...........but it was quite a while ago! David.
[/quote]

Many thanks fellas, I'm on the case :)
cheers,
Karl.