Why become a member? ×

Footswitches for ABM EVOII head

bigjimmyc

Hi.
I've got an ABM500 EVO II here with no footswitches. On this model, you need two 2-way switches for sub/valve and eq/shape.

I've got a search out on eBay for the FS-2, but they don't seem to come up much. Oddly the 4-way FS-4 does.

Do I really need 2x2-way or is there an aftermarket or DIY solution? Maybe I could get a 4-way and hack it up? This can't be rocket science and I'm not afraid of the soldering iron!

All ideas welcome!
Cheers
Jim

Hi Jim,
I DIY'd one when I had an ABM300 evo 2. I made it out of a Neutrik stereo jack plug I had kicking around, a length of 3 core standard mains cable, a project box from Maplin and 2 SPDT footswitches. I soldered the earth wire to the screen of the jack plug and at the other end in the switch box bridged to the centre pin of both of the foot switches, The brown and blue wires were soldered to the two contacts on the plug and at the box end to an outer tab on different switches respectively. Obviously as either brown or blue make contact (when the switch is pressed) with earth the effect is activated.
That's what I did anyway, didn't cost much as I had all the parts as scrap and I only wanted it for the Sub / Valve effects. Shouldn't cost much for the bits, no more than a tenner.
All the best,
Martin

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah, just your basic Maplin O level project guitar pedal DIY jobs. To suss it out you can just get a stereo jack plug wired to a 3 core mains lead and short out the connections to see how it works.
There's nothing to it at all, it doesn't warrant spending much. If you're moderately handy it's easy. If I can knock a pedal together anybody can.
All the best,
Martin

Martin - I almost reached for the soldering iron, but the keyboard was closer!

Found this: http://www.thomann.de/gb/lead_foot_fs2.htm
and this[color=#111111][font=Arial, sans-serif][size=3]:[/size][/font][/color][color=#111111][font=Arial, sans-serif][size=3] http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00CLC9CH2[/size][/font][/color]

[color=#111111][font=Arial, sans-serif][size=3]...and came to the conclusion that my skills should remain retired.[/size][/font][/color]

[color=#111111][font=Arial, sans-serif][size=3]Given that these come with the cable hard-wired I don't think I can go far wrong, do you?[/size][/font][/color][color=#111111][font=Arial, sans-serif][size=3]

[/size][/font][/color]
Cheers
Jim