Why become a member? ×

*SOLD* Fender Marcus Miller Jazz Bass (J-Marcus upgrades) FINAL PRICE DROP £850!!
£950

simonlittle

*SOLD*

PRICE DROP £850

I've thought long and hard about this one, and I think it's time to part with my beloved Marcus Miller Jazz bass.
It's one of the original Japanese ones, not the Mexican ones, so it's quite weighty (about 5kg according to my luggage scales). They don't make these anymore.
It's in fantastic condition. The original pickups stop working a few years ago so I had them replaced with Seymour Duncan Basslines. More recently I had John East install one of his excellent J-Marcus preamps (he installed it himself; see the pics!) which has opened up a world of tonal possibilities.
I've used it on tour with The Duckworth Lewis Method and Omar and it sounded great in both bands.
Selling because I have finally realised that I just can't really get on with jazz basses (I have a Deluxe five string up for sale here too).
I'd really prefer collection or am willing to meet up/deliver within reasonable distances rather than risk the post. The last thing I posted out via MyHermes disappeared off the face of the earth and I would hate this bass to go astray. Located in Peckham, SE London. I also travel around a lot playing so may well be able to meet up further afield. Comes in a gigbag.
Looking for £850. No trades unless you have an early (preferably 80s) Warwick Streamer Stage 1.
[attachment=219196:IMG_0026.jpg]
[attachment=219192:IMG_0028.jpg]
[attachment=219197:IMG_0027.jpg]
[attachment=219195:IMG_6736.jpg]
[attachment=219194:IMG_0030.jpg]
[attachment=219193:IMG_0029.jpg]

Edited by simonlittle

I also have that John East pre in my Japanese MM sig. It turned a great bass into an awesome one!
Being able to add some weight in the mid frequencies, at a frequency you can select (it has sweep) is something all Jazz Basses should have.
The pre also boosts treble at a different frequency then where it cuts. You notice how awesome this is only within the band mix.
Finally, the passive tone control added by this pre turns the MM Jazz into a jack of all trades.

My pickups are Lollars so I can't judge those SD basslines but only heard good things about them.
Asking price for the bass may seem high to some but is totally realistic since the upgrades done put it in a different league.

Good luck selling this beauty!

Edited by DiMarco

[quote name='DiMarco' timestamp='1463125116' post='3048745']
I also have that John East pre in my Japanese MM sig. It turned a great bass into an awesome one!
Being able to add some weight in the mid frequencies, at a frequency you can select (it has sweep) is something all Jazz Basses should have.
The pre also boosts treble at a different frequency then where it cuts. You notice how awesome this is only within the band mix.
Finally, the passive tone control added by this pre turns the MM Jazz into a jack of all trades.

My pickups are Lollars so I can't judge those SD basslines but only heard good things about them.
Asking price for the bass may seem high to some but is totally realistic since the upgrades done put it in a different league.

Good luck selling this beauty!
[/quote]

That extra tone knob is a game-changer! Makes me want that preamp in all my basses! Plus I really like having 1 volume and a blend on a jazz bass. So much easier to dial in the sound you want.
The Basslines are definitely better than the original pickups (one of which just died one day). I was thinking about sticking some Aguilars in there. If it doesn't sell maybe I'll try that too!

[quote name='bubinga5' timestamp='1464213195' post='3057707']
There's nothing Like this type bump.
[/quote]

Have you heard the new version with Pino from Omar's latest record? It's so good I actually prefer it to the original. It's got a swing groove and Pino breaks the line up doing his Voodoo thing. Very cool indeed...

Right I'm very keen to get this bass sold and it's a bank holiday weekend so come on folks, you know what to do! We're down to £850 now with is a pretty good price for one of these basses, aside from the mods which put this particular one into a different class...

Edited by simonlittle