Why become a member? ×

Potentiometer with push momentary switch - but at a reasonable price?

JimBobTTD

I am looking for a pot that has a push momentary switch on it so I can use it as a kill-switch.

Shadow do them, but they are rather expensive...the cheapest I have seen was €13 and the most expensive was £19.

Any ideas of anyone else who makes them?

Personally, for $13 I'd just buy one rather than spend time looking to a save a couple of dollars.

Also: Are you sure you mean a momentary switch. This will change state only while you're holding it. If you want to push it in and it stay in then you want a 'stayput' switch, which you'd then pull out, or a toggling switch that will change state every time you press it.

I work in electronics and I never knew such a thing existed, which means there aren't many made, which means ANY you find will be expensive (economies of scale and all that jazz). €13 sounds reasonable for such a niche component.

Count Bassy makes a good point. Are you looking for a stutter effect or an on-off switch? Pots with a DPDT switch integrated are pretty cheap in comparison...

Perhaps I am being a bit unreasonable thinking that a cheaper one might exist - they are a very niche product. I remember looking for one a while back (before Shadow started making them) and coming up stumped.

But the plus side is that they do exist and I can now get one!

[quote name='Count Bassy' timestamp='1463524003' post='3052105']
Also: Are you sure you mean a momentary switch. This will change state only while you're holding it. If you want to push it in and it stay in then you want a 'stayput' switch, which you'd then pull out, or a toggling switch that will change state every time you press it.
[/quote]

Yep.