Why become a member? ×

multi effect units forbass

beastie

Hi al
i play in a covers band and want to purchase a multi effects pedal to create and store in a memory the different sounds i need to try and replicate as close as possible to the original recording with bass sounds from the who to modern rock and some motown to funk can any one recommend i was looking at the boss gt10b but it seems hard to get hold of in the uk does anyone have one or something like it they can recommend
ps i know modelling sounds on these is never going to be exact

Can't beat the b3 as a preamp... they all sound pretty great.

However, per patch you only get 3 slots, so if you use one as preamp then you're down to two... might work for you, might not. I loved mines except for the fuzzes.

Edit: just noticed you've already sourced a gt10b. Ah well... if still recommend a b3 too! 😂

Edited by lefrash

The B3 is a great pedal, but it's limited to 3 effects, 2 if you use the amp/cab modelling. Something like a B3x / B5 would be even better.

I always found Boss multi effects to sound a bit too "clinical" for my liking.

The PODxt Live amp/cab models sound good, but the effects aren't great, assume that the X3 is the same. Just upgraded to a POD HD500x and added the Bass Expansion Pack, very impressed with the amp/cab models AND the effects (even though there are only 4 bass specific amp/cab models). But I'm using it without an amp, so reliant on the amp/cab modelling.

[quote name='Japhet' timestamp='1463310918' post='3050326']
2 Zoom B3s would be a lot of fun.
[/quote]

For a wee while I ran a b3 into an ms60b. Had the ms60b set up at the end of my chain and used it for a preamp (which never changed), eq (tweaked gig to gig) and a tap tempo delay. The b3 was then used for all the interesting effects. For my use though it was a bit over kill so just ended up keeping the ms60b as it was and got a few select individual pedals.

However, I've done a US tour with the b3 (for simplicity) and it done the job admirably!

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='lefrash' timestamp='1463301262' post='3050201']
Can't beat the b3 as a preamp... they all sound pretty great.

However, per patch you only get 3 slots, so if you use one as preamp then you're down to two... might work for you, might not. I loved mines except for the fuzzes.

Edit: just noticed you've already sourced a gt10b. Ah well... if still recommend a b3 too!
[/quote]

Is there a latency on the Zoom? I dont get that with the GT6B but I know I did with my zoom guitar fx unit.