matsumoku aria website sb

35 replies to this topic

#31 Prostheta

Fully fledged member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 63 posts

Posted 24 November 2016 - 07:44 PM

As time-poor as I am, I'd be happy to get the site on solid ground and give it a lick of paint. Like people have stated, it needs to be maintained and kept live in some form or another.

"People demand freedom of speech as a compensation for the freedom of thought which they seldom use" - Søren Kierkegaard
"It looks just like a Telefunken U47" - Frank Zappa

#32 Bassclef

Fully fledged member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 58 posts

Posted 26 November 2016 - 05:35 PM

View PostProstheta, on 24 November 2016 - 07:44 PM, said:

As time-poor as I am, I'd be happy to get the site on solid ground and give it a lick of paint. Like people have stated, it needs to be maintained and kept live in some form or another.
Oh thank goodness Carl, your help would be very welcome. If you PM or email me I will give you more details.
I like my women from the 60s; my music from the 70s; my basses from the 80s and my motorbikes from the 90s. After that I kind of lose all interest ...

#33 ped

Général d’Armée

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,934 posts

Posted 29 November 2016 - 12:54 PM

It's a tricky one for me because whilst I'm totally happy to host the site and pay for anything that needs doing, my developers will be the ones who will have to actually sort it out and whilst I've generously offered their time(!) it'll be up to them to crack on with the work. Sorry I can't be any help further than that...

#34 Prostheta

Fully fledged member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 63 posts

Posted 29 November 2016 - 02:17 PM

It really shouldn't require that much time and effort to get a mirror working. The real kicker is transferring it into a basic CMS to enable future development. I did a hell of a lot of work to ProjectGuitar.com to transition it from the awful old HTML site across to a modern managed content system. Something like Graeme's site might well benefit from Wordpress or something similarly manageable.

"People demand freedom of speech as a compensation for the freedom of thought which they seldom use" - Søren Kierkegaard

#35 Bassclef

Fully fledged member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 58 posts

Posted 17 March 2017 - 04:46 PM

Well I guess the idea of hosting on BC is going nowhere. What a pity. If anyone wants to take over the running and hosting of the site please get in touch with me.
I like my women from the 60s; my music from the 70s; my basses from the 80s and my motorbikes from the 90s. After that I kind of lose all interest ...

#36 Prostheta

Fully fledged member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 63 posts

Posted 17 March 2017 - 06:36 PM

Sure. I'm in.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users