Why become a member? ×

New caretaker wanted for Aria SB website / fan pages

Bassclef

Graeme, PM Trevor and ask for details on this.

I'd really recommend it as a way forward.

[quote name='TrevorR' timestamp='1463435983' post='3051400']
Hey there Graeme,

Long time! Didn't realise that you were hanging around here! We chatted SB700s many moons ago...

On a slight tangent, have you ever thought of transferring the content of the site over to one of the free blogging platforms like Blogger or Wordpress. That's what I did with my Wal history blog when we changed ISP a few years ago and I lost the free 20MB of webspace. They are dead easy to learn and very intuitive and, best of all, free!

If you just copied all the website pages back onto your hard drive via your FTP programme you could load them up bit by bit. That's how I rebuilt the Wal site.

Anyway, just a thought...
[/quote]

[quote name='Bassclef' timestamp='1478348461' post='3168525']
[b][size=6]Latest update - caretaker post still vacant.[/size][/b]

In June 2016, an American gentleman called James agreed to take over the running of my SB website. Since then I'm afraid he has been having a nightmarish time, and we have reluctantly agreed that I should look for someone else.

If you are interested, or know someone who might be, please get in touch with me by PM.

Ped, is BC's offer to host the site still open?

Graeme
[/quote]

Yes I believe we're either waiting for some stuff to be sent to us or someone is waiting for us - Rik?

[quote name='TimR' timestamp='1478351371' post='3168544']
Graeme, PM Trevor and ask for details on this.

I'd really recommend it as a way forward.
[/quote]

Thanks for the suggestion, Tim. What I really need is someone willing to take over the running of the site - editing pages, adding new contributions and so on. The hosting of the site is secondary and BC have already offered to host it. I believe James even sent them the files, we just seem to be waiting on some movement.

To be fair, the only reason I haven't offered myself is that the ongoing costs of hosting are just another bill. If BC are willing to host, I am happy to provide the running, content management, etc. That said; not exclusively. I like the term "steward" much the same as how I run other educational/informational sites. I'm surprised that it's been such a slow movement forward you know?

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='Prostheta' timestamp='1479029836' post='3173343']
To be fair, the only reason I haven't offered myself is that the ongoing costs of hosting are just another bill. If BC are willing to host, I am happy to provide the running, content management, etc. That said; not exclusively. I like the term "steward" much the same as how I run other educational/informational sites. I'm surprised that it's been such a slow movement forward you know?
[/quote]

Your offer to help is appreciated, Carl.

Basschat admin guys, Ped, Rik, Chris, any news?

[quote name='Prostheta' timestamp='1480016659' post='3181105']
As time-poor as I am, I'd be happy to get the site on solid ground and give it a lick of paint. Like people have stated, it needs to be maintained and kept live in some form or another.
[/quote]
Oh thank goodness Carl, your help would be very welcome. If you PM or email me I will give you more details.

It's a tricky one for me because whilst I'm totally happy to host the site and pay for anything that needs doing, my developers will be the ones who will have to actually sort it out and whilst I've generously offered [i]their[/i] time(!) it'll be up to them to crack on with the work. Sorry I can't be any help further than that...

It really shouldn't require that much time and effort to get a mirror working. The real kicker is transferring it into a basic CMS to enable future development. I did a hell of a lot of work to ProjectGuitar.com to transition it from the awful old HTML site across to a modern managed content system. Something like Graeme's site might well benefit from Wordpress or something similarly manageable.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Apols for the bump, but was a new home for the SB information ever found? 

I appreciate, it's a chunk of work to upload and maintain, but it would be great to be able to enjoy the photos and wiring diagrams, alas no longer visible here: https://web.archive.org/web/20120715041653/http://www.prog.rockers.co.uk:80/aria.htm 

(I'm looking for the SB-900 wiring diagram 🤓 )

Edited by neilt
  • Like 1