Why become a member? ×

EBS Reidmar 250 or 750?

machinehead

Has anyone owned, tried or gigged with both the Reidmar 250w and the Reidmar 750w?

I'm considering buying a Reidmar and I've read that the 250w version is louder than you might expect given the power rating.

I do like to have lots of power in reserve in an amp and if I know that the 750w has a genuine upgrade in the power supply then I'm willing to spend the additional money.

There's about £180 price hike for the 750w version. :o

Thanks for any advice offered.

Frank.

I'm sorry about the price hike, that may have been my positive review video recently :) - I can tell you that plugged in to the 410CL, the 750 is an absolute beast. I wasn't showing many signs of letting up in the review studio last month. It's a worthwhile upgrade to ensure that you won't run out of beans at a gig.

[quote name='machinehead' timestamp='1463657103' post='3053120']
Thanks dood. I watched your review. Very comprehensive!!

Has anyone been able to compare both versions?

Frank.
[/quote]

Thank you!

I've not compared both together, but I have reviewed both. It'd be unfair to respond as the 250 was paired with two 12" driver cabinets in a separate review whereas the 750, the 410CL. I can report that although the 250 seemed 'loud' the 750 was just something else.

If you like loads in reserve, the 750 no question. The 250 is deemed to be a loud amp - and it is - and in most situations it will be plenty... but if headroom is your thing, you'll enjoy the extra breathing space offered by the 750 - £180 is a small price to pay for the upgrade.

• 1 month later...

I thought I'd update this thread.

I went for the Reidmar 750. Unfortunately the one that was delivered had paint chipped off the front panel, scratches on the top and misaligned bass knob. The packaging was torn and tatty. It looked like an ex-demo item. I sent it back.

The replacement is fine apart from a misaligned top which I can live with. The construction is cheap - painted and folded sheet steel but at the price I didn't expect machined aluminium like my Streamliner. They are night and day regarding the quality of materials and construction but... the Streamliner was a lot more expensive when new.

I've gigged the Reidmar once and it is a superb amp. Very loud if needed and most of the time it will be running well below it's volume potential. It's clean sounding, the "character" button is nice at home but I probably wouldn't use it on a gig except for a quiet ballads type gig.

I haven't really sussed the "drive" knob. Drive isn't my thing but at home at low volume the effect is subtle. It might be more noticeable at higher volume.

So far I'm pleased with this amp but I'll give it a few months gigging before I post a review. I'm playing two festivals and a couple of pub gigs in July so that should be a good test in different venues

To me The Reidmar 750 represents very good value for money, has excellent performance and the savings on the casing are obvious but that won't effect the amps sound or longevity.

All in all, it's a great amp.

Thanks to all who offered advice.

Frank.

• 7 years later...
On 22/06/2016 at 17:10, machinehead said:

I thought I'd update this thread.

I went for the Reidmar 750. Unfortunately the one that was delivered had paint chipped off the front panel, scratches on the top and misaligned bass knob. The packaging was torn and tatty. It looked like an ex-demo item. I sent it back.

The replacement is fine apart from a misaligned top which I can live with. The construction is cheap - painted and folded sheet steel but at the price I didn't expect machined aluminium like my Streamliner. They are night and day regarding the quality of materials and construction but... the Streamliner was a lot more expensive when new.

I've gigged the Reidmar once and it is a superb amp. Very loud if needed and most of the time it will be running well below it's volume potential. It's clean sounding, the "character" button is nice at home but I probably wouldn't use it on a gig except for a quiet ballads type gig.

I haven't really sussed the "drive" knob. Drive isn't my thing but at home at low volume the effect is subtle. It might be more noticeable at higher volume.

So far I'm pleased with this amp but I'll give it a few months gigging before I post a review. I'm playing two festivals and a couple of pub gigs in July so that should be a good test in different venues

To me The Reidmar 750 represents very good value for money, has excellent performance and the savings on the casing are obvious but that won't effect the amps sound or longevity.

All in all, it's a great amp.

Thanks to all who offered advice.

Frank.

Been a while - how would you say it compared to the Streamliner?