Why become a member? ×

Multiple inputs into pedal

FuNkShUi

I previously posted this in a different section but didnt get any replies, so though i'd try here. Hope that is ok...
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Ok, i'm probably not going to describe this very well so bare with me....[/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]So i do acoustic guitar shows, where i use the TC Electronic ditto 2 looper. But this question applies to any looper or pedal.[/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]I was thinking about how could i possibly use more than one instrument into it, other than actually switching leads in and out?[/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]So for example say i wanted to layer vocal harmonies, electric guitar, acoustic guitar and bass....[/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]But there's only one input....... So is it a case of having to switch each out, or is there a better way?[/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]I'm thinking a bank of inputs, where each channel can be individually muted, and connect to the pedal through a single 1/4" jack?[/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Orrrrr.... is there a far more elegant solution that i'm not thinking about?[/font][/color]

I think there are basically two options - you either put something before the looper that can mix the signals (something like a http://www.bossus.com/products/ls-2/ pedal or even a small desktop mixer like http://www.thomann.de/gb/behringer_micromix_mx400.htm), or you use an A/B box to switch between the inputs

That's excellent.
Thank you.
I think the small desktop mixer will be perfect.
I was worried about the signal from each instrument being "live", but i can mute them on-board and individually, as i finish with them for each particular loop.
Thank you

• 4 months later...

Bump for an idea I'm having for thing.

I'm looking at the berhinger micromix (link below) and it seems to almost do what I want.... But I think I might be able to build something better and more useful for my needs.

For my setup I have my ukulele (I'm a bassist by trade but doing a one-man-band type thing as a side project), vocal mix, kick drum mic and potentially a secondary percussive instrument mic, so I want 4 inputs that can feed through to a looper. My thought initially was to have a wee mixer like the berhinger, but now I'm considering making one myself, with 4 inputs (probably XLR/jack sockets), a volume dial for each but also a stomp toggle switch for each channel, and a master volume out. A kinda hybrid between a desk mixer and an extender line selector pedal.

Does anyone know of such a thing existing? Or is it too niche a requirement to be useful to anyone other than me in this application?

xx

https://www.studiospares.com/Studio-Gear/Mixers-Analogue/Behringer-Micromix-MX400_380070.htm?CAWELAID=120173110000084551&CAGPSPN=pla&CAAGID=21236301156&CATCI=pla-66883070461&catargetid=120173110000154407&cadevice=c&gclid=CjwKEAjwhILABRDwo8mlqt6ug38SJACNSq_kYsXNUMF0jRysDiLkG6MxV9cHrhJMkHEOWFLjNPUqjRoCq4rw_wcB

I have an old Tascam four-track cassette deck which is also (primarily, for me) a most useful mixer. Four 1/4" jack inputs at the front, mic/line, effects send (mono) and stereo return, level adjusters, tone controls, pan, and stuff. Oh, did I mention, it can also record, bounce tracks, mix-down, overdub, monitor off-tape and record at the same time, etc. It runs off 12V DC. One of the best £4 I have ever spent. :D

Edited by Michael J