Why become a member? ×

BF 1x12 + Trace 1x15 ?

jeigenbass

I'm looking at purchasing a Barefaced Big Baby 2. I currently own a Trace 2x10 and 1x15 (they weigh a ton).
I basically need for at least one of my cabs to be mega portable.

Not sure what the general consensus is regarding pairing a 1x12 with a 1x15 but here is my question -

If I decide to keep one of the TE cabs to occasionally beef up the rig (looks and power),
Would a [font="helvetica, arial, sans-serif"][color="#282828"]Markbass Momark 500 head (500@4 / 300@8) work efficiently with the BF and the Trace 1x15 (300 W @ 8 ohm)? [/color][/font]

[font="helvetica, arial, sans-serif"][color="#282828"]I[/color][/font][color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif] know the ideal thing to do would be to sell both TE and get two BF 1x12's but that's beyond the current budget. [/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Thanks! [/font][/color]

I don't have any experience with the BB2 but from my past couple of years gigging barefaced Midgets I think you might be surprised at the volume that a single Barefaced cab can produce. Have you spoken to Alex at barefaced to discuss your needs? he's really very good at suggesting suitable cabs.

how big are the venues that you are playing? I've played pub gigs with a single midget and my Markbass F1 and not had any issues keeping up with our drummer or our noisy guitarist.

I have a feeling that a single BB2 might be all you ever need unless you're playing large venues with no PA support.

Matt

You might be pleasantly surprised at how capable a single Big Baby 2 is for tone and volume. :)

To answer your question, I think your TE cab will be the limiting factor if paired with the BB2. It's liable to reach it's limits before the BB2 does.

Frank.

[quote name='machinehead' timestamp='1463657499' post='3053124']To answer your question, I think your TE cab will be the limiting factor if paired with the BB2. It's liable to reach it's limits before the BB2 does.[/quote]

Agreed.