Why become a member? ×

Epifani Piccolo 600 / 999 opinions?

CamdenRob

Anyone own / used one of these?

I'm considering a gigbag sized micro amp in my quest for an ever more portable setup, and as Glockenklang don't make one I've been looking into alternatives and these look like my sort of thing.

Clean, but with the option of a more classic tone when needed.

No-one seems to have any available to buy let alone in stock to try... I've contacted them about the feasibility of ordering direct but I'll get stung for VAT and import duty so that looks like an expensive option.

I am aware of the various alternatives, just looking for some feedback on these if anyone has any experience of them?

Edited by CamdenRob

Following the BC communities overwhelming response to this thread and subsequent recommendation, I have ordered a Piccolo 600 direct from Epifani to give a go.

It is smaller and lighter than my Glock and I am hoping the tone isn't too much of a compromise.

Epifani have been very helpful arranging a direct order and been very responsive to my many questions over the last few days. Although I'm not sure if I clicked on the right button when paying, so according to conflicting online banking information I've either not paid for it or paid for it four times :blink:... Guess I'll find out when it's a reasonable time in NY.

Review to follow, once it's cleared customs etc. so hopefully within a couple of weeks :)

[b] Specs[/b]

[b]Connectors[/b]
Input: 1/4 inch TS phone jack
Passive: 470k Ohms
Active: 200k Ohms
Send: 220k Ohms
Return: –50k Ohms
Tuner Out
Footswitch: 1/4 inch TRS
Direct Out: Low impedance XLR w/ level control
[b]Speakers[/b]
Combo Speakon
[b]Tone Control[/b]
Bass: Shelving + 22dB @ 40 Hz
Mid: Shelving + 17dB @ 550 Hz
Treble: Shelving + 22dB @ 3 kHz
Mid Cut: -8 dB @ 800 Hz
[b]Vintage Tone[/b]
Proprietary circuit selectable switch engages
tube emulator
[b]Dimensions[/b]
3 inches (h) x 11.25 inches (w) x 10 inches (d)
[b]Power Supply[/b]
Switching Power Supply
Amplifier: Propietary Class D
[b]Power Output[/b]
Class D
385 Watts D RMS @ 8 Ohms, < 1% THD, 1kHz
600 Watts RMS @ 4 Ohms, < 1% THD, 1kHz
[b]Amplifier Response[/b]
20hz – 25kHz
S/N RATIO
90 dB
[b]Voltage[/b]
Voltage selector 120/240V – 50/60Hz.
[b]Power Consumption[/b]
900 Watts @ full power
[b]Cooling[/b]
Variable speed fan
[b]Weight[/b]
4 1/2 pounds

Edited by CamdenRob

This amp caught my eye too &, as you say, doesn't seem to be available anywhere in the UK. Did Epifani put you in touch with a dealer in the US? Do you mind me asking how much it will set you back (just for one not four of course ;) ?

[quote name='LZD56' timestamp='1464085158' post='3056366']
This amp caught my eye too &, as you say, doesn't seem to be available anywhere in the UK. Did Epifani put you in touch with a dealer in the US? Do you mind me asking how much it will set you back (just for one not four of course ;) ?
[/quote]

They said I could order through The Gallery as they are a UK dealer, or just order through them direct. I went direct in the end, no need for a US dealer. Once I'd sorted out what I wanted (with the bag and UK power lead etc), they just sent an electronic invoice and said it was packed up and ready to go as soon as I paid.

I'll PM you about the price as it's complicated with VAT, shipping and import duty etc.

Edited by CamdenRob