Why become a member? ×

Tips for Eden Amps

doc40hz

I've been using Eden stuff for over 10 years now and I absolutely love it. I started off with an Eden Nemesis 2x10 combo after trying various amps and cabs and I was blown away by how good it sounded. I still get asked about "that great sounding combo" from bassists and guitarists alike.

I now gig with a WT800 but also have a WT550 and also have a WTX500. People seem to love their 550s but I've read that people think the WTX500 is underpowered. I disagree, but I think you need to be careful with the settings.

To get the most out of Eden Amps:

1. Use the Enhance knob incredibly sparingly or, ideally, no at all. It really will suck your mid's out and consume power as it boosts the lows - the worst combination for making yourself inaudible and flogging the amp to its limit. Probably best to leave it off. The flat sound on an Eden amp is a good useable sound. 1 or 2 clicks on these amps make a big difference. If I'm playing a slappy song I sometimes dial in a smidgen of the Enhance, to about 7-8 o'clock at the most.

2. Use the Bass EQ for cutting. I think the Bass Knob is set to around 30Hz (Not sure what the Q is). If you use this to boost you will quickly run out of headroom. On the WT series, use the semi-parametric to boost in a more useful frequency range; 80-150ish. Turning the Bass knob down a click or two can make a big difference in your sound and headroom.

I had to use my WTX500 as a back up last night after my WT800 blew a fuse. It performed admirably and sounded great. No PA support, pretty big club, LOUD drummer. Cracking little amp!

Edited by doc40hz

[quote name='dood' timestamp='1463923142' post='3054973']
Here's a tip for the WT550. Don't sell yours. You will realise afterwards that it's a great amplifier - even if you do have too many amplifiers already!
[/quote]

I concur!

[quote name='dood' timestamp='1463923142' post='3054973']
Here's a tip for the WT550. Don't sell yours. You will realise afterwards that it's a great amplifier - even if you do have too many amplifiers already!
[/quote]

No worries Dan, I love the WT550 I got off you - has done me proud many a gig!