Geek99

[quote name='Geek99' timestamp='1463949152' post='3055288']

You don't need to, I'll let you know.
I've asked for it to resemble stings p51 for batteredness and dull paint
[/quote]

You'll probably like my avatar then :)

[quote name='spectoremg' timestamp='1464032620' post='3055981']
[attachment=219917:Car.jpg]
I've just had my car reliced, all my mates are really impressed with the look and how much more cooler I look driving around in it :lol:
[/quote]
WOW!! Cool!

Where did you get it done? I must get mine done. I'm sure my MD will be SOOOOOOOoooooo impressed when she see's this done to my company car.

[quote name='Staggering on' timestamp='1464031189' post='3055962']
Ooops.Wasn't trying to be rude or disrespectful,just expressing an opinion and not trying to stir the pot like some people do.The last three words of my earlier post say it all-"different strokes.....whatever....",you do your thing,I do mine and we might not understand each other and that's OK.I'm a bit weird by some standards since I own and gig with a Yamaha RBX750A(anybody out there have one?) and a Yamaha SLB200 EUB and play through a Laney amp which is a rare thing here in Canada.Probably lots of people wouldn't get that either...and that's OK.Apologies to any one I have offended,I'll be more careful in the future.
[/quote]
You didn't offend me, it wasn't what I wanted to see in the thread I started, but you're entitled to an opinion :)

[quote name='Grangur' timestamp='1464032911' post='3055990']

WOW!! Cool!

Where did you get it done? I must get mine done. I'm sure my MD will be SOOOOOOOoooooo impressed when she see's this done to my company car.
[/quote]
Won't be valid, you didn't drive it for 39 years and leave it outside in all weathers

[quote name='Grangur' timestamp='1464032911' post='3055990']

WOW!! Cool!

[/quote]
Won't be valid, you didn't drive it for 39 years and leave it outside in all weathers

[quote name='spectoremg' timestamp='1464032620' post='3055981']
[attachment=219917:Car.jpg]
I've just had my car reliced, all my mates are really impressed with the look and how much more cooler I look driving around in it :lol:
[/quote]

See, i think that looks cool, but i like rat rods... :D

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='Dazed' timestamp='1465335325' post='3067389']
Looking forward to seeing it (positively, I like relic'ed )
[/quote]
IMHO relicing is interesting when it reflects genuine use and reflects the passion of the owner in their playing the instrument.
Otherwise it's like driving your car fast over a newly gritted road to make that look roadworn... IMHO

[quote name='operative451' timestamp='1464034736' post='3056028']
See, i think that looks cool, but i like rat rods... :D
[/quote]
Oh good call B)

Here's a nice pic of a relic P bass and a Fodera :lol:

A well done relic - ie with a sensible amount of realistic wear and not rotary sanded, set on fire or depth charged - can look superb. After all, it's just another finish option. And it's your choice. If you buy a second hand instrument with a few dings and scratches, do you immediately get them repaired as it's not "your" wear and tear? It's a cosmetic thing, pure and simple. To me, it's just the same as a sunburst, natural or coloured paintjob on an instrument.

Make sure it's done convincingly (Limelights are a great example...) and enjoy your bass. If the way it looks makes you want to play it more, then that can only be a good thing.

[quote name='Rich' timestamp='1465337532' post='3067415']

Oh good call B)

Here's a nice pic of a relic P bass and a Fodera :lol:

[/quote]
You'd think a fodera would include mudguards at the price they charge