Why become a member? ×

Double Bass Guitar Gigbags

Hobbayne

I have finally succumbed to the idea of taking 2 basses to a gig in a single gigbag.
I have seen a few for sale on here and ebay etc, and was just wondering whether these are a good investment or a bit of a gimmick?

Love my aging Tribal Planet one; half the time I have one bass plus mic stand etc. 2 basses in one carry is quite a weight!
Saving up for a Mono M80 Dual next, top notch construction and great fit for a 35 inch 5 string J.

I have an antique leather Harvest double and I'm very happy with it. It's a bit pricey but is well padded and put together like a tank. Quite comfortable but it does weigh a fair bit with 2 instruments.

[url="http://www.harvest-guitar.com/en/Bass-Bags-For-Two/"]http://www.harvest-guitar.com/en/Bass-Bags-For-Two/[/url]

Are you planning on walking any distance with this gig bag on your back? If so I recommend that you try before you buy. Having bought a (single) Mono M80, I found it very uncomfortable to wear and would not consider buying another expensive gig bag without trying it out first.

[quote name='BigRedX' timestamp='1464087549' post='3056402']
Are you planning on walking any distance with this gig bag on your back? If so I recommend that you try before you buy. Having bought a (single) Mono M80, I found it very uncomfortable to wear and would not consider buying another expensive gig bag without trying it out first.
[/quote]

No not really. Just from the house to the car and the car to the venue.