Why become a member? ×

SOLD !!!!!!!!!! TRACE ELLIOT AH250 BASS AMP £200
£200

P-ZARN

Up for sale my faithful old Trace. I purchased this new way back in September 1984 from the Bass Centre not long after Barry Moorhouse had taken up new premises in Wapping.
Served me well for many years of gigging around the London circuit. Never let me down. A most treasured possession and always cosseted.

For a 32 year old amp it's in really good condition and still sounds mighty. Absolutely no issues. Everything works. The sliders on the graphic are a little bit stiff but still work smoothly.
There are some minor scuff marks/minor tears in the tolex on the side of the amp from general wear and tear. UV light works fine. I've still got the original cover for it.

Only selling as it's not getting used and although it does hold a lot of sentimental value I think it's time to move it on.

Very happy for you to come and test it. Ask any questions

Difficult to put a accurate value on it but as it's in really good condition I think £200 is a fair price ????? If I remember correctly, I paid £570 back in 1984 for it.

I'm happy to post/courier. Interparcel using UPS are quoting £14.99 next day delivery. Would be packaged really well

[attachment=219990:IMG_0039.JPG][attachment=219991:IMG_0041.JPG][attachment=219992:IMG_0040.JPG]

Edited by P-ZARN

These are not 250 of your 'what you expect" watts... Loud.. I say LOUD... fabulous amps: TOTALLY reliable a they were (at the point) made from RS military grade components, hence the original price.
I've owned this series AH250, AH500 and still would if i wasn't 60... gone light(er) weight and senile so if this appears one the Guitar post... :)
\YOU WILL NOT FIND MORE or the money.
glwts

Aaw - that takes me back. My first "proper" amp, that lasted me 20 years! I still miss it, and although they are heavy, they are not difficult to carry due to the heavy duty leather handle...

Loads of bang for buck and serious nostalgia value! It also makes you realise how much the real price of bass gear has come down in a generation. How much did a car (or a house) cost in 1984? :o

:)

Totally smitten with this. By the time I could afford a Trace back in the day they'd moved onto series 6 with the dodgy plastic covers and push switches. Still a great amp which I gigged for many years but I felt that these were the definitive article. This looks to be in great nick and I'm sure it will be an immense amp irrespective of the age. Glwts, I might go and raid the kids piggy banks.....

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Chris

The amp is still up for grabs but as luck would have it, It's developed a minor problem in the last few days . The ECI light has started to flash whenever the
Gain overload light flashes. Doesn't have any bearing on the sound but probably best I get it looked at just in case.

Neil

Ah...I looked it up and it's a known problem on mkIV and V amps. ECI is 'earth continuity indicator'. There's a short thread from 2009 - I can't post a link but if you search 'ECI error warning on Trace Elliot GP11 Mk' it should appear. Looks like a tech fix but not a very big deal

• 3 weeks later...