Why become a member? ×

MOTU to Apple Mac.

paul_5

I'd like to be able to wire my MOTU 2408 to my iMac via firewire, but the 2408 needs a PCI card, which I can't fit inside the iMac.
Does anybody know how if there's such a thing as an external PCI to firewire converter so that I can plug them together. I'm using the MOTU in conjunction with an old Tascam Digital desk, so all of the connectors are on TDIF and wired to the MOTU - currently into a PC with Cubase.

Moing to Logic on Mac dictates the move.

What you need is a PCI chassis which is a box that holds your PCI card(s) and connects either via Firewire or Thunderbolt, depending on the model, to you Mac. Unfortunately they are not particularly cheap, a chassis cable of holding a single PCI card cost around £125. Also most of the current models available are for PCIe so you may need to also upgrade your MotU host card to the PCIe version.

BTW which iMac have you got? Unless it's a very recent model you might be better off swapping it for a second-hand tower-style Mac Pro which will accommodate your PCIe cards.

Edited by BigRedX