Why become a member? ×

NBD Harley Benton jb-75na

lefrash

I know the HB brand gets a lot of love round here and on talkbass so I decided to take a wee punt on this. At under 120 quid it's not exactly a life changing gamble but still a gamble.

Got it delivered this morning... straight out the box it is absolutely astounding. Nice lowish action which can go lower if required. No tweaks needed. Can only use it via headphones at the moment however there s absolutely no weird noises or hums. Seems to be enough beef through headphones to suggest this will work nicely live.

Got a stand in gig in a few weeks so will be using this for sure. The 15 year old me would have killed for such a good instrument as a 'beginner'. If I had this 19 years ago I reckon I would still be using it to this day!

I just can't get it how this very good bass guitar can be shipped to me from China via Germany for the cost of a decent night out! My mind boggles!

Everyone...go buy one!

[quote name='discreet' timestamp='1464194725' post='3057447']
If it weren't for the logo and the headstock shape I think everyone would have one. I've bought three HB basses and a guitar and they've all been astonishing. Not just 'for the price', but by any standards. Unbelievable really.
[/quote]

I agree. 'Great for the price' can be a bit misleading. If this had fender on the headstock and cost 4 times as much id be none the wiser!

[quote name='tom1946' timestamp='1464349236' post='3058696'] I have a brand new one, putting it up for sale this weekend, too heavy for me. Bought it a few months ago and forgot about it :rolleyes: [/quote]

I agree, its definitely on the heavier end, but for me, a decent strap will be sufficient.