Why become a member? ×

SOLD: Peavey Cirrus 5 USA, bubinga/walnut
£675

Stuee

[b]PRICE DROPPED TO £600 (firm) [/b]30/05/2016

Here we have a most excellent 24 fret 5 string thru-neck bass, made in the USA in 2000.

The body is bubinga over walnut, neck is Pau Ferro over walnut and is an amazing, graphite reinforced neck... very comfortable and playable all the way up, thanks to the fact that all 24 frets are 'north' of where the neck joins the body.

Condition is pretty good. Just a few surface scratches here and there (the pics make them look worse than they are -- sunny day!), but nothing that interferes with the overall look or feel. The gold plated hardware is slightly worn and faded, as always happens with gold coloured stuff, but still fully serviceable.

The bass plays extremely well and sounds fantastic with a broad range of tones, thanks to the comprehensive active electronics and EQ. That said, it does need a set of strings, and while I could put a set on now, I think it makes more sense to let the buyer put on their own choice of strings post sale.

The base will come in a battered but serviceable Gator hard case (free of charge).

I'm based in Bournemouth but would be prepared to drive a reasonable distance for fuel money to meet up.

This is a fantastic American made bass, which I am only selling because I now have three 5 strings and only need one (my recently acquired Mike Lull M5V).

Offers considered and trades possible... might be in the market for Barefaced cabinets ;)

Full spec and pics below:

[color=#000000][size=3][font=Futura]- 35 inch scale length
- 24 medium jumbo highly polished crown frets - Distinctive “C” abalone inlay at the twelfth fret - Deeply contoured back cutaway
- Graceful compact body design
- Graphite-reinforced peghead
- Graphite-reinforced neck
- Dual-expanding torsion rod
- Neck-through body construction [/font][/size]
[size=3][font=Futura]- Recessed genuine Switchcraft® jack
- On-board studio quiet three-band active EQ with bass - Mid and treble boost and cut, plus or minus ten dB
- Master volume control
- Pickup blend control
- Multi-laminated body wings and neck
- Hand-rubbed urethane oil finish[/font][/size][font=Futura][size=3]- Graphtech® topnut[/size][/font]
[size=3][font=Futura]- Mini enclosed premium die-cast tuning machines
- Specially designed milled multi-adjustable ABM bridge - Adjustable spacing, side to side
- All hardware - solid-gold plated[/font][/size][/color]

Here's a link to more pics: [url="http://imgur.com/a/LbA3s"]http://imgur.com/a/LbA3s[/url]

Edited by Stuee