Why become a member? ×

Serious Gas.. just wanted to share

Highfox

And it doesn't come any worse than wanting to own a Wal again :) The last one I let go in 88, so it was a while ago!
Would mean I'd have to sell off a Vintage Fender and possibly even my pre EB MM, tempted but not sure still.
Been trying to ignore the feeling of wanting to own one now for nearly a year.
Seems they come up for sale fairly rarely so also toying with the idea of ordering.

Anyone else been there?

It's a long wait if you go for a new one... I'm six months into the build period for a MK3 fretless sixer and I still have 18 months to go :blink:

When I decided I wanted to my first Wal built I sold everything else to pay for it and waited 18 months for it to be built... I then instantly forgot the wait as soon as I picked it up... It's my go to instrument and everything I want from a bass.

Edited by CamdenRob

Yes Rob, that is a wait and in all seriousness I think I'd prefer a used one, so would my wallet. At somepoint I see myself having to move on a few basses if I can't hold out.
That is a beaut Joe and if it was fretted and more around 3k I'd be going nuts :)

[quote name='Highfox' timestamp='1464271755' post='3058093']
Yes Rob, that is a wait and in all seriousness I think I'd prefer a used one, so would my wallet. At somepoint I see myself having to move on a few basses if I can't hold out.
That is a beaut Joe and if it was fretted and more around 3k I'd be going nuts :)
[/quote]

Keep your eye out for a bargain... Just before Christmas I was beaten to a fretted 80s MK1 on gumtree the seller had up for £1200. I believe another BCer got in before me!

Aside from that spectacular bargain, used prices seem to be pushing up from £3k...

[quote name='CamdenRob' timestamp='1464271987' post='3058097']
Keep your eye out for a bargain... Just before Christmas I was beaten to a fretted 80s MK1 on gumtree the seller had up for £1200. I believe another BCer got in before me!

Aside from that spectacular bargain, used prices seem to be pushing up from £3k...
[/quote]
Cheers Rob.
I guess I have to be realistic pricewise.
If you spot a fretted MK1 for sale on your travels please drop me a pm .

[quote name='TrevorR' timestamp='1464299930' post='3058365']
Are you on Facebook? The Wal group there often flags up Wals that come up. I mod it and it's a nice, friendly bunch. The link is here... [url="https://www.facebook.com/groups/2413094311/?ref=ts&fref=ts"]https://www.facebook...?ref=ts&fref=ts[/url]
[/quote]
Thanks Trevor, yes I'am joined recently...