Why become a member? ×

Alert !! Peavey Population Increase

kodiakblair

Very tasty T-40 came to stay today. In absolutely excellent condition for a 32 year old bass,this my first T-40 with blades just tips the scale at 10lbs.
Time will tell if I prefer the blades to toasters.

Lovely bass.

It was joined by a Custom shop Cirrus. Now I was impressed by the BXP,some folks give them a hard time but seeing you can pick them up for £150 +
I'd advise those folk not to eat at Pizzahut ( Dec 2014 Portsmouth, 4 pizza,3 lagers 1 coffee £97),personally I think the BXP is a good buy. The USA adds
another inch and an improvement in materials. It's also about 4 x the price.

The custom shop adds more refinement with wooden TR and cavity covers,very nice choice of top and the Millennium preamp. This gives you variable mids.
I'd heard quite a few American Cirrus owners say this was a good upgrade but with Peavey having very limited stocks and the $127 price tag + shipping and
taxes it looked like an upgrade I'd be missing.

Not now I won't :D

Over the next wee while I'll string them the same so I can compare my T-40s and Cirri,only managed half hour with each.

For now feast your eyes folks

[attachment=220114:Todays Peavey.jpg][attachment=220113:Tobacco 40.jpg][attachment=220112:Quilted Cirrus.jpg][attachment=220111:Cirrus neck.jpg]

@alyctes

the BXP 34" vs 35" confused me too :lol: My Cirrus and Grind are the exact same size,until I measured the frets. Longer frets on the Grind.
Never knew the G-bass was 35" until recently,then only cause i read the manual :D Think I'd notice on a 6 string but not on a 4, from 1st on G to 5th on E is just 6mm
longer. On a 6 it could be maybe 12mm :o

Mark

The 10lb T-40 is definitely a lightweight,the other 2 are 12lb +. But mind they balance well. Wide strap and a back harness you'd be good to go :lol:

[quote name='kodiakblair' timestamp='1464388930' post='3059214']
The 10lb T-40 is definitely a lightweight,the other 2 are 12lb +.
But mind they balance well. Wide strap and a back harness you'd be good to go :lol:
[/quote]

Yes, good to go to the osteopath. :D

Edited by discreet