Why become a member? ×

My first You Tube video

SH73

[quote name='SH73' timestamp='1464467824' post='3059713']
[url="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aS5zCMrmBIY"]https://www.youtube....h?v=aS5zCMrmBIY[/url]
[/quote]

Please can you leave a feedback on basschat for my video. Any criticism is appreciated

Maybe you need to ask yourself what you are trying to achieve with your videos - it's difficult to give good constructive criticism without knowing what you are trying to achieve, e.g. a good performance video of you rocking out would have different criteria to a more educational playalong aimed at showing viewers clearly how to play the song in question.

[quote name='SubsonicSimpleton' timestamp='1464625960' post='3060939']
Maybe you need to ask yourself what you are trying to achieve with your videos - it's difficult to give good constructive criticism without knowing what you are trying to achieve, e.g. a good performance video of you rocking out would have different criteria to a more educational playalong aimed at showing viewers clearly how to play the song in question.
[/quote]
Achieve nothing. Perhaps criticism on sound as in does it need better mix compression etc

My opinion, for what it's worth (not really a Maiden fan, I play with a pick etc. etc.)

It sounds good to me.

Playing seems pretty spot on and if you're trying to achieve the Harris live sound, your close.... plenty of clankiness (wasn't the studio sound a bit more rounded.... compressed?)

I take it that you are using big fat roundwound strings (preferably Rotosound SH signature).

Nice one mate,

Mart

[quote name='woodenshirt' timestamp='1464720676' post='3061877']
My opinion, for what it's worth (not really a Maiden fan, I play with a pick etc. etc.)

It sounds good to me.

Playing seems pretty spot on and if you're trying to achieve the Harris live sound, your close.... plenty of clankiness (wasn't the studio sound a bit more rounded.... compressed?)

I take it that you are using big fat roundwound strings (preferably Rotosound SH signature).

Nice one mate,

Mart
[/quote]
Cheers
Just learning how to use compression.I didn't want to kill the sound so left it raw as it came out the amp. The strings are Flatwound SH Sig rotosound. The sound and video is not quite sync.but good enough for me.