Why become a member? ×

EBS Fafner II Extreme Edition *SOLD*
£1500

I may come to regret this but here we go. For sale is my EBS Fafner II Extreme Edition. Its a 750w power house that is up there with Aguilar DB751’s and Ampeg SVT’s. I have been using the amp since September last year, I’ve done about 5 full UK tours in this time and it has served me incredibly well night after night.

If you’re reading this then you probably know all about them, but I’ll describe some of its features for those who don’t. It is a hybrid amp with two channels that can be used in series or parallel. One channel is solid state super hi-def, classic EBS. The second is a dirty channel that runs through a pre-amp tube (this most recent Extreme Edition in particular features a Groove Tubes 12AX7). Each channel has its own volume with an overall master volume. These features make it incredibly flexible. But to be honest though this is just scratching the surface of what this amp is capable of. If you enjoy dialling in your specific sound then this is the amp for you.

When I originally got the amp the Tube channel did not work, this was down to a resistor coming away from the PCB. Steve at Root Two in South Shields repaired this while also lifting the component further off the PCB for better cooling all the while further bracing the legs. Steve is incredibly capable and is more than happy to confirm this work on request. The Tube channel has been fully operational since Steve worked on the amp in September.

The amp is in fantastic condition, it just has some small scratches on the bottom from being put in a rack case (I’ll throw the SKB one pictured in with the price). All positives then, so I hear you asking “why are you selling?!” Well I am lucky enough to have been offered an endorsement with Orange, so this will be going towards the purchase of a new Orange head.

I understand this is a serious bit of kit at a serious amount of money, so I am happy to answer any questions or show the amp working by request for anyone with genuine interest, so no time wasters please. I am based in Sunderland. Due to the amps weight it is COLLECTION ONLY. I may consider drop off or meeting halfway within reason. Unfortunately I am not interested in trades.

£1500

Edited by jrobjumpsship

• 3 years later...