Why become a member? ×

Tim Commerfords new bass rig.....open the biscuits, pull up a chair and wait for it :-)

Mudpup

[quote name='EBS_freak' timestamp='1464727154' post='3061979']
Also... I would like all those that googled TC's name upon reading this thread to put their hands up... :-p
[/quote]

Not me Sport, a while back I was in a rock band covering Audioslave numbers.
Though to be fair he hadn't really got on my radar before that. But I'm old(ish).

Edited by discreet

[quote name='discreet' timestamp='1464727828' post='3061996']

Are you saying that if he didn't pay full retail it doesn't count? ;)
[/quote]

It is important in my opinion. If an artist is prepared to pay full retail price, that shows true belief in the products that they are using.

[quote name='discreet' timestamp='1464727875' post='3061997']

I said 'second' One10. It's the done thing I've already done. And I did it before that anyway, twice. :P
[/quote]
Good for you. You may find a rig you like yet!

[quote name='EBS_freak' timestamp='1464728164' post='3062000']
Good for you. You may find a rig you like yet!
[/quote][quote name='EBS_freak' timestamp='1464728109' post='3061999']
It is important in my opinion. If an artist is prepared to pay full retail price, that shows true belief in the products that they are using.
[/quote]

I think you're clutching at straws now. :P

[quote name='EBS_freak' timestamp='1464727154' post='3061979']
Did TC buy this rig? And if he did, did he pay full retail?
[/quote]

What difference would that make? I don't see anyone asking the same of Ampeg/Fender/Boogie/Monique etc etc etc users. Alex has a high profile user using his kit. Good luck to him.

[quote name='skychaserhigh' timestamp='1464730248' post='3062031']
Well he does have the endorsement scheme where the cab is free in return for high profile use and exposure....
[/quote]

Commerford is sufficiently high-profile that he could choose any brand he wanted under the same conditions.

[quote name='skychaserhigh' timestamp='1464730248' post='3062031']
Well he does have the endorsement scheme where the cab is free in return for high profile use and exposure....
[/quote]
Is that true?

There is something incredibly Anglo-Saxon about the inability to be happy for a "small" company becoming even a little succesful. Buy British in favour of American I say (and I am only half English).

Endorsements have several forms, from getting your stuff free to getting a small discount. Nothing wrong here at all.

Well done mr Claber!

[quote name='HazBeen' timestamp='1464731394' post='3062059']
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]There is something incredibly Anglo-Saxon about the inability to be happy for a "small" company becoming even a little succesful. Buy British in favour of American I say (and I am only half English).[/font][/color]
[/quote]

I'm fully English (well... as much as one can be) and I don't understand it, either. I think it's just jealousy, pure and simple. :)

I'm not bashing the situation at all , just contributing to the discussion on if he paid full price or not. I always like to see British companies doing well and I hope these endorsements turn out to be profitable for him.
It's also interesting that It's the more traditional type of cabs he's gone for , they would be my choice too.