Why become a member? ×

Tim Commerfords new bass rig.....open the biscuits, pull up a chair and wait for it :-)

Mudpup

[quote name='EBS_freak' timestamp='1469535163' post='3099053']
Good point!

Likewise, if somebody has a different opinion that would seemingly go against the grain, accept that people do have different opinions/experiences that may not adhere to your experience/opinion/liking.
[/quote]

stop being reasonable! this is an internet forum!

;)

[quote name='Sibob' timestamp='1469533938' post='3099036'] If someone is not interested in hearing any other options other than the two options they initially supply......don't ask on a forum :) Si [/quote]

Yes..the whole point of a forum..or a good one..is that there is a large cross section of opinions.

The fact that well over half are completely wrong matters little... ;) You need to kiss a few frogs etc etc etc.

FWIW, I didn't realise my Jazz 75 was a complete dog.. after all it was a Fender.
And after all this time, I am very sceptical that Fender made any decent ones thru the 70's..and you'll see them upwards to £1900... !!!!!!!!!!!!

You have to read between the lines... some good, some bad...nothing absolute.

But...to this day, I'll not buy basses below a pricepoint blind... unless the deal is so good, I couldn't possibly lose out. ( and even then, who wants the hassle of selling on)

Works for me...

sooooo, if the 8x10 has the drivers set up like a line array (think thats right) for better dispersion how does having the 2x10 and the 15 (i'm geussing the sizes but thats what they look like) effect it?
still sounded very clear even if a little low in the mix, definately very different from the B rig :drinks:

[quote name='lowhand_mike' timestamp='1469637940' post='3099965']
sooooo, if the 8x10 has the drivers set up like a line array (think thats right) for better dispersion how does having the 2x10 and the 15 (i'm geussing the sizes but thats what they look like) effect it?
[/quote]

The three cabs (it's actually Two10, Four10 and Eight10) are producing different signals (distorted, overdriven and clean respectively) so they don't interact like a normal stack would and he still gets all the dispersion benefits of the line array.

It's great to see the rig standing out so much on a popular TV show! :)

[quote name='dave_bass5' timestamp='1469646048' post='3100058']
Boys and their toys eh?

:-)

Why does he have two different rigs if rig A is so good? Wouldn't it be better to have two rig A's?
[/quote]

As Alex has explained...

[quote name='alexclaber' timestamp='1469458040' post='3098442']
The way Tim tours he needs two rigs, the A rig and the B rig - the A rig is used most of the time and on all studio work, the B rig is used when logistics mean the A rig can't get there in time. Unfortunately Tim's Barefaced B rig is waiting for its woofers to turn up, which have been delayed due to a production issue at the Eminence factory, so the old Ampeg rig is being used instead. And sometimes rigs get hired, like the Wakrat gig in London tomorrow (which we'd have supplied if we didn't have this lack of 10" drivers!)
[/quote]

Fair enough, i forgot that Alex had posted that. All makes sense although i still think its a bit over the top.
Not a reflection on BF, just that this Tim bloke seems a bit of a gear tart to me. Is he trying to compete with the much slagged off Adam Clayton to see how many basses he can use on one gig without anyone noticing the difference :-)

[quote name='dave_bass5' timestamp='1469647338' post='3100070']
Fair enough, i forgot that Alex had posted that. All makes sense although i still think its a bit over the top.
Not a reflection on BF, just that this Tim bloke seems a bit of a gear tart to me. Is he trying to compete with the much slagged off Adam Clayton to see how many basses he can use on one gig without anyone noticing the difference :-)
[/quote]

:lol: Dave should you be accusing other players of being a gear tart?

[quote name='gary mac' timestamp='1469652055' post='3100132']
:lol: Dave should you be accusing other players of being a gear tart?
[/quote]

Oh god no, i hate even having to use a pre amp pedal on stage. I got a Chrous and Filter that i dont use as its too much hassle. My gear list is very simple, although every now and then there is a small spurt of GAS :-)

[quote name='stingrayPete1977' timestamp='1469643831' post='3100024']
I am liking all these Stingrays he keeps pulling out , how many has he got?!
[/quote]

Yeah man, TC + Stingray = Awesome!

What's up the neck on that red 1 though? Looks like a full Rosewood or Bubinga neck... or possibly a very dark roasted maple.
Cool stuff either way! :P

[quote name='alexclaber' timestamp='1469641428' post='3100001']
[/quote]

Some plum shots of the Barefaced logo when TC was playing in the YT clip. Great exposure, congratulations.

The three cabs (it's actually Two10, Four10 and Eight10) are producing different signals (distorted, overdriven and clean respectively) so they don't interact like a normal stack would and he still gets all the dispersion benefits of the line array.

[/quote]

Great stuff Alex...looked and sounded great!

Btw, still loving my Gen1 Compact but saw, listened to, and carried a new Two10 last night. Sounded lovely and looks really classy. Well done.

[quote name='Sammers' timestamp='1469653411' post='3100148']

Yeah man, TC + Stingray = Awesome!

What's up the neck on that red 1 though? Looks like a full Rosewood or Bubinga neck... or possibly a very dark roasted maple.
Cool stuff either way! :P
[/quote]
I don't know looked like a status neck at first,are MM building him custom ones?

[/quote]

excellent, good to know