Why become a member? ×

Hi from leafy SW London

TimCook

Hi there, I've been a member for a few months and not said "Hi" so here we go.

I first started playing bass 19 years ago and am just getting back into it after a long 8 year hiatus. I currently play for my own amusement, mainly trying to remember lines and pieces I first learnt many years ago.

As far as gear goes I've always been a Warwick man but have recently purchased a couple of Jerzy Drozd basses which I'm in love with playing - a Basic bought here on Basschat and a very special "Matisse" Soul IV. My other favorite is a Bassline Buster Classic which I've tuned CGDA (120,85,55,35 d'Addarios) so having a lot of fun experimenting with that. Sadly means my Warwicks are now for sale.

Anyway, "Hello" to all.

Tim

Edited by TimCook

Hello and good morning, from an even leafier South Wales :)
An 8 year hiatus is nothing - I stopped playing for over 20 years

Oddly enough, I enjoy the bass even more second time around
Enjoy your playing, and welcome to BC :)

I was about to say , just within striking distance of chandlers then " perhaps you can join me in my campaign to try and get them to stock more than just Rotosound swing 66's the last time i tried to get flats there i had to take a set that had been " traded" packaging was about 10-15 years old ...

I get that they like " vintage" but damn .

Thanks guys. Funny you say that about Chandlers - I use d'Addario Nickelwounds but was re-stringing an underused bass out of whatever strings I had left lying around and found a Rotosound '66 set but minus an E string so Chandlers limited stock options were perfect!

[quote name='synthaside' timestamp='1464941140' post='3063882']
I was about to say , just within striking distance of chandlers then " perhaps you can join me in my campaign to try and get them to stock more than just Rotosound swing 66's the last time i tried to get flats there i had to take a set that had been " traded" packaging was about 10-15 years old ...

I get that they like " vintage" but damn .
[/quote]

I agree they have a rather shambolic feel to the place, but they do great repair and custom work, and they have a PLEK machine, so they're not exactly behind the times... gawd knows I'd much rather go in there than the likes of Andertons... :-)

[quote name='toneknob' timestamp='1464947329' post='3063966']
Hello and welcome from a few stops up the line into Waterloo
[/quote]

Hello there too from another few stops up the Waterloo-Reading line or up the A308 depending on how you look at it.

While I'm here since there's a load of local bods I'll just put in a plug for the Basschat SE Bass Bash in September. A really great event, a chance to noodle on a huge range of basses, a chance to meet some more Basschatters and the guests this year are beyond amazing.

Make it a priority in your diaries!

I suggest a pint / bass takeover of the Swan at some point , I was in chandlers Saturday dropping off a very broken Les paul for a work colleague ( headstock totally sheared off)
I like the changes they have made by removing all the hanging guitars from the ceiling and floors making it much more open and usable .

Very nice 70's mustang on the wall but Still no flats though .>.<

Edited by synthaside