Why become a member? ×

Bass transcriptions (Jeff Berlin 20,000 prayers)

Joebass

Amazing transcription and play along... can't help thinking though that Jeff should not be left to play by himself...

Work with Allan Holdsworth and John McLaughlin (under a proper composer/band leader) much more musical and focused.

Just listening to solo on 'Water on the Brain' yesterday... light years ahead of this in terms of harmony and structure.

Jeff plays Jeff is not a great combination.

I totally agree, Jeff's a great sideman. The Bruford stuff with Jeff and Allan is amazing and 'Road Games' is my Favourite Holdsworth album.
The fact that 'Champion' is out of print/almost impossible to find, says a lot.

Edited by Joebass

Yes well unfortunately I've got it and 'Players'... the keyboard sounds are so cheesy compared with say, Bruford's Dave Stewart just a few years earlier...

Quite like his more simple playing on Kazumi Watanabe's 'Spice of Life' and 'Spice of Life Too'. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-zmxnfzl86Q

Pity McLaughlin sub'ed him on 'Live at the Festival Hall'... saw JB with McLaughlin a few months earlier at the Cambridge Corn Exchange and he was phenomenal...

• 4 years later...