Why become a member? ×

Short-Scale Gig Bags?

spongebob

I'm going to be soon on the hunt for a short-scale gig bag - incoming NBD featuring my first ever SS (strings already ordered!). Does come with a hardcase, but need a GB for easier transportation.

All I've managed to find so far is the Fender one. I've been doing a lot of searching, but am struggling to find any other ones on the market.

So I though I'd ask here - any thoughts? What do you other shorty players carry yours in? B)

It really does depend on what ss bass it is.

As "casapete" said the longhorn does fit in a guitar bag as does the Birdsong.

But the spector shorty and EB0 won't fit.

I use a normal bass bag for those if they are not in their hard cases (which to be honest are full size cases with shaped inners)

I would take the bass to a shop and see what fits best.

My 30.5" short scale came in a Fusion Funksion guitar bag by the looks of it. I would think the crucial dimension is going to be the width and Fusion usefully give you the detail on this at the upper and lower bouts of the bag on their website details

Very difficult to find. Most short scale basses are to long for a guitar bag, After searching for eternity I got the Fender one, fits the Mustang and my other short scale's perfectly. It's not a good as my Ritter bags but it's certainly OK for car travel.

I use a Harvest leather one. Specifically designed for Alembic SS basses but works perfectly with my Ritter.

Stunning quality and loads of protection along the neck - party because Alembics have that back angled headstock so they need to be really secure.

Big money but I don't think they come any better :)

• 2 weeks later...

Have a look at this one?

[url="http://www.flightcasewarehouse.co.uk/manufacturer/product.asp?item=spider-electric-guitar-gig-bag-4843-6632"]http://www.flightcasewarehouse.co.uk/manufacturer/product.asp?item=spider-electric-guitar-gig-bag-4843-6632[/url]

[quote name='molan' timestamp='1464989606' post='3064555']
I use a Harvest leather one. Specifically designed for Alembic SS basses but works perfectly with my Ritter.

Stunning quality and loads of protection along the neck - party because Alembics have that back angled headstock so they need to be really secure.

Big money but I don't think they come any better :)
[/quote]
What he said. I have one that I bought from a member of this forum and it's also great for electric guitars too.

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='sblueplanet' timestamp='1466873728' post='3079515']
This arrived a few days ago to accomodate my short-scale Ibanez Mikro bass. Excellent quality guitar size gigbag. More like a case than just a bag. Fits the bass with room to spare.

http://www.thomann.de/gb/thomann_premium_gigbag_eguitar_br.htm
[/quote]

If the size is okay then those Thomann bags are v good. I have a few for long scale bass, elec guitar and electroacoustic but not tried with my SS.
For the OP - what is the overall length of the bass ?